ENG: Change Fuel Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: Change Fuel Filter

I change my fuel filter 2 day ago, and decided to write a DIY, it take less than an hour, and require men muscle. I'll post picture up tomorrow, it night now so I cant.

LOCATION: The filter located near the fuse box, when you open your hood, it top left. where the fuse box is, to the right you found a black box, then right alittle you found the filter. look at the picture. where the arrow is that.

REQUIRE TOOL:
    10mm Socket
    14mm Wrench
    17mm Socket or wrench

Fuel FIlter
    rag

DIRECTION:
    -First you need to remove the black box that hold up 2 screw (10mm), then there is 2 hose attach to the box, remove those two hose. Move the box out of the way.

(dont mind the alarm, I move it there)

-If you want to make it easier take out the intake, then you have much more space.

-after get those out of the way, you will see the filter, usually if it still stock it look black and it kinda look round. Using the 17mm socket unbolt the 17mm bolt.

-After you take out the bolt, there should be one waxer (I dont know what it called, it look round) under the bolt. When you take it out, becareful not to drop it. There should be one between the bolt and the line.

-Now take the 14mm wrench, and loose the nut on the line. (on this one, it really hard to take out when you change for the first time) becareful not to bent the line, or kill the nut. you will need to reuse it.

-when you loosen up those 2 line, there will be a 10mm bolt that hold up the filter, so use a 10mm socket to loosen it. it should be on the right of the filter.

-after remove that bolt, take out the fuel filter. the line with 14mm nut it will stuck to the filter, dont yank it out the filter with the line. just try to move the line out of the way and remove the filter.

-when take out the filter, there will be fuel in it
    -----what I did was use that fuel and pour into the new filter and reuse it (hey it still gas, gas price is high)

-take the new filter and put it in, and tight everything, make sure those 2 line is tight, if it loose it will leak gas when the engine is on. Enjoy.
    Last edited by YellowCord; 08-02-2006, 11:14 PM.

it has eyes!!!

thanks for the writeup...but try to get some pics
    "a picture is worth a thousand words"

Click ^^^ for MR Thread
    Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
    by the way, arguing on the net is like womens basketball, even if you win, no one cares.

Comment

ok picture is up, enjoy, sorry for the quality the picture is through my phone

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Very helpful Diy good job man

Comment

cool I had planned to do this soon. Nice write up.
          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
          Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
          My (old) Ride

Comment

Good job man! I would highly recommend taking off the air intake like you said. I have done this twice, and tried to short cut it, but in the end I always ended up taking off the intake.

Thanks!

Comment

another way of doing it which was easier for me, was in your last picture when you remove the bolt that holds that arm that holds the filter you could just remove the whole thing from the two bolts on top.

Comment

good writeup, now i finally know what to do, everyone told me it was easy. thanks

Member Ride Facebook
                XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

complete newbie question but how often do you guys change your fuel filters? What brand do you prefer or is there no difference in your opinion. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
                    complete newbie question but how often do you guys change your fuel filters? What brand do you prefer or is there no difference in your opinion. Let me know.

well I just change mine when I got my car, I heard if u want your gas mile to increase change it every 12k, gas mile did really increase, before i go 23 mile per gallon, now i hit 25 mile.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCord
                      it take less than an hour, and require men muscle.
                      LOL. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Did you ever take off the fuel rail bajo bolt to relieve fuel pressure like the Haynes manual says?
                        Gary A.K.A. Carter
                        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
                          Did you ever take off the fuel rail bajo bolt to relieve fuel pressure like the Haynes manual says?
                          just relieve the fuel pressure by opening the gas cap and then when you take off the lines to the fuel filter there will be little gas coming have a rag with you to clean it up. no need to open the banjo bolt, The fuel is not under that much pressure

Comment

This is really great, but is there any possible way to get a re-up on the pics, coz I really want to replace my fuel filter and I just bought one. Would love to do work on that this weekend. Thanks!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Bump!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Working...
                              X