Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wills_accord
    Can you do that without any problems?
    why would you chance it when they make a filler hole specifically for filling the tranny? later.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
      why would you chance it when they make a filler hole specifically for filling the tranny? later.
      was thinking the same thing, just wanted to know if anyone does that.

Will's Accord

Comment

I saw my mechanic refill it through that top metal tube during my clutch change. Afterwards I checked it out and saw that it's not covered by anything, is it supposed to be? I don't think there should be an open channel to the transmission like that in the engine, I guess he forgot to put something on it?
        Last edited by i97supratti; 04-29-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
          I saw my mechanic refill it through that top metal tube during my clutch change. Afterwards I checked it out and saw that it's not covered by anything, is it supposed to be? I don't think there's be an open channel to the transmission like that in the engine, I guess he forgot to put something on it?

mines uncovered too, i think its just a vent.

Comment

there's supposed to be a rubber plug on it to keep dirt and water out. later.

Comment

I'm guessing that cap is part # 5 in the following pic:

Blasted mechanics. They re-used the same tranny oil they took out and didn't even cap it so that the oil can get even more dirtier. I told them to put in new fluid during the clutch change but it was Saturday and they said no parts dept. is open Saturday so they can't get any fluid. I'll take care of it myself using Honda MTF and I'll buy that part #5 if someone can verify that's the part.
              Last edited by i97supratti; 04-29-2007, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks TYPE G for the DIY on trans fluid.

I had a lil harder time doing it the bolt was siezed like a mother.

SO i took out my upper ball JOINT which gave me enough room to take my strut out, once them 2 were out I was able to get my impact in there and take the bolt out. pretty easy, i jus had a few probs no BIGGY.

For those of you who never done it, when u take out the refill plug 1st, b sure to get something to catch the oil cuz it will drain out, after its drained, move on to the drain PLUg and of course ull need something to catch the oil.

BOSSMAN DEEV, make this a STICKY PLZ!
                Last edited by F20A CB7; 07-13-2007, 08:27 AM.
                **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

How much is supposed to go into a F22 tranny? I read like 1.9 quarts. But mine got up to 1.4 and it was already full. I was like WTF

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

How you get the the Bolts or whatver?

did you jack the vechicle up ? or take the tire out?

how

i AM doing this SOON!!!

please get back to me ASAP

and which side?

passenger side or Drivers Side

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris
                      How you get the the Bolts or whatver?

did you jack the vechicle up ? or take the tire out?

how

i AM doing this SOON!!!

please get back to me ASAP

and which side?

passenger side or Drivers Side

i will answer these in order:
                      1.they are on the tranny,use 3/8 ratchet
                      2.yes jack the passenger side up to gain access to tranny and lower it down to drain.
                      3.undo the drain plug located on tranny let it run all of it out...put it back on.
                      4.remove fill plug, you will need a beer bong to fill it! or go to napa or az and get the pump filler. fill it with only honda manual trans fluid(no cheap shit)
                      it will take almost all of the 2 quarts if not all of it.
                      5.re-apply the fill plug.
                      6.drive.
                      7.drive fast.
                      8.love.
                      9.sell slammed4thgen your sunroof visor,it will fix your tranny issue...if not then oh well your car is lighter. lighter=faster.later
                      Last edited by slammed4thgen; 11-21-2007, 05:56 AM.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

cvc7chris # 9 is extremely important..if you skip this step you could end up frying your tranny

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079 View Post
                          How much is supposed to go into a F22 tranny? I read like 1.9 quarts. But mine got up to 1.4 and it was already full. I was like WTF
                          Same here. Not much came out when draining. Although my car was jacked up. It could of been the reason. It also only took a 1.3 qtz. Car was still jacked up.

I'll try it tomorrow again while lowering the vehicle. I also used penzoil syncromesh.

Comment

where do you put the tranny fluid in? the pics are really small and i dont know where to put it, also where do you get honda tranny fluid? the closest honda is like 45 miles from me so not there

edit: do you do the same steps for an auto tranny?
                            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Nice write up brian, but i can barely see the pics.
                              My CB For Sale

Comment

i fixed the pics, if you can call it that. i don't know what shutterfly is doing, but it sucks.

slick, an automatic trans drain/refill is similar. it takes about a quart more than a manual trans and instead of adding fluid through the filler hole, you add it through the dipstick hole. you also have to becareful not to overfill an auto trans because it can damage it. later.

Comment

Working...
                                X