ENG: bumper light intake scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG: bumper light intake scoop

okay this is my very first diy post so bare with me.if I miss some stuff just ask without getting pissy I did this diy already so Im just showing how I did it.

tool and suplies needed:
    screw divers philips/flat head
    pair of pliers/not in pics
    dremel and cutting tool
    gutter guard mesh-home depot
    black paint
    alluminum plumbling tubing( the stiff once not the flimsy ones.

1) remove your bumper tail light by taking off this screw(passenger side)

2) next cut where the orange meets the housing( plastic will burn so you will have to chip them of when cooled.then replace in with the mesh, cut it with the dremel so its easier and shape it around the housing, overlap it aboit an inch so you can wrap it around the housing, fold it flat against the housing as good as you can. sorry no pics. then once you get it into shape, you can go ahead and paint it blk or wich ever color you want, then once dry re install on housing.

3) next cut the the back part on the line, the turn signal housing is gonna be your actuall scoop.

4) then imagine the back being being cut already, take your tubing duct and flaten it and shape it so it fits the back bart of the housing. then drill 2 holes for the screws on the bottom of the housing.

5) now go under neith the car and remove the mud guards for the intake side, their should be room in their and cut a hole the size of the duct pipe your using like your installing CAI.

6) now bend the pipe so it runs along the shape of the car under neith from the top to the botom,( its gonna be tough) once you get the duct allign with the housing on the bottom screw in the duct with the hosusing with the 2 holes underneith the housing.(sorry now pics) I have kids,lol
    7) then secure the duct on top by using the scew clamp the one you use for the intake head by having the flap facing liike the pic and drill a hole then scew in and allign the duct with the intake heads middle portion then your done.I hope if I missed a few stuff let me know cuzz Im new at this. sorry. I tried.

here the sleeper scoop look

here is my latest front end look. check out the left over H emblem I had from teh front grill hack, prelude stylez

I hate to here people flaming at me on this diy because I did infact took time on my buisy schedule to dot this for yall. let me know what you guys think
    Last edited by aznpnoyracer; 01-05-2007, 02:46 AM.

You were supposed to *EDIT* your 1st post bro....not start another thread.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

dude! Im working on it as we speak.

Comment

nice bro... real sleeper look
        Upgrade your mind before you upgrade your car

"So. Cal OUTLAWZ "

Comment

Originally posted by dohcb7
          nice bro... real sleeper look
          why thank you.

Comment

what? noone like my idea?

Comment

on a 90-91, you could put it where the foglight goes if you dont have them. that is what i plan on doing

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

you notice any gains?

Comment

Originally posted by npor
                  you notice any gains?
                  I wouldnt say I notice gain but I notice when we tested it with a blower it was actually ramming enough air to move the intake head and cooler air was getting in so I would say their would be a few ponies gained their on the dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                    do you still have a bulb down there or does this completely delete the turn signal, this could be a cool idea for the track, but i dont think i would rock it for everyday street driving since it doesn't appear that you can keep the signal
                    just FIY, at least in our state, you only required to have the side turn signals not necessary to have the bottom bumper one. I know for a fact. my uncle is a sheriff.

Comment

Interesting idea. Very nice and stealthy.

I would probably also create a heat shield housing for the intake filter that attaches to the end of plumbing tubing. In this way, all the dense air from the outside is exposed directly to the filter.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

nice idea but IMO I'd rather have the bumper light down there. Nice job though.
                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

real creative idea...not sure about the safety tradeoff.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I think you should try this with a stock airbox, cause you have the outer surface of the filter exposed right now, so most of the air is gonna come from the bay when you're stopped.

You have giving me an idea though for something similar. hmmm
                            Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Could you do something similar but put it in the grill of the bumper?

Like this:

Then you can keep your bumperlights and look more stelth.
                              !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X