ENG:Blacktrax IMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ENG:Blacktrax IMS

Guide for you h22 guys or f22 guys as well. Just felt like doing this becuase i had nothing else to do today. I would rate this a very easy install which can be done with basic hand tools. I am not responsible if u damage anything while in the process of installation.

Requirements:
    new gaskets
    Blacktrax spacer or OEM gutted
    Longer Bolts
    Tools

1. Remove your stock intake or aftermarket.

2. Remove all vacuum lines, pvc, throttle cable, tps sensor, iab sensor etc.

3. Double check that you have removed anyting still attached to the plenum, because you will now lift off the plenum as show in the picture below

4. Now make sure to cover the ports, you do not want anything falling in there.
    5. Now remove the IAB plate and clean it up, mine had oil on it. Make to remove pieces of the old gasket. U might be able to reuse your old gasket if there still in one piece.
    6. Remove the old studs by locking two nuts together.

7. Now your ready to put in the spacer in place make sure to replace any gaskets that may have been damaged and maker sure to place a new gasket on top of the Blacktrax spacer.

8. Place the IAB plate on top and make sure to line up the holes.
    9. Place the Upper Plenum on top making sure to keep everything aligned, Now put the longer bolts in and line everything up and tighten lightly.

10. Reconnect all the lines, sensors and throttle cable and tighten down the plenum.

11. Make sure everything is nice and tight, double check for any disconnected lines. Your ready to go now and feel the power.

nice write up

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

i saw green cb7 made 5hp & 5tq with the Blacktrax spacer on his car. well it got me to think'n why can't i just use an extra IAB i have. the butterflys were already removed and the ends JB welded. so i put it on and of corse the studs & bolts were to short. so i hit up different auto shops and couldn't find bolts long enuf. so i put the idea on the back burner.

well i go out side today so i could start on my ABS removeal. and i tripped on a bolt. i look down and it's three of my AC compresser bolts. i pick it up & run in the house to try it out. there the right thread pitch & they'er long enuf.

update....only 3 of the AC bolts will work. the two spots that have studs are longer than the bolts. to replace them you need
      two 8 x 1.25 100mm bolts

hope this helps too

Comment

did you stack it on top of your oem spacer or what? cause i been reading the site i see you can stack it with oem or get to blacktrax spacers. just curious what you did cause it looks like you stacked them but not realy sure. but lemme know thanks

josh
        Project EX Coupe Coming Soon...
        ..::Built not Bought::..

Comment

you can do ether. if you stack you'll need longer bolts.

i'd say if you were doing a N/A build, i'd stack the two(stock & spacer).

but if your going turbo, just the spacer alone.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
            you can do ether. if you stack you'll need longer bolts.

i'd say if you were doing a N/A build, i'd stack the two(stock & spacer).

but if your going turbo, just the spacer alone.
            That depends on what the rest of your NA build is consisted of.

If you're revving anywhere over 7.5k, I'd recommend taking the IAB's completely out and slapping the plenum right on the runners.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
              That depends on what the rest of your NA build is consisted of.

If you're revving anywhere over 7.5k, I'd recommend taking the IAB's completely out and slapping the plenum right on the runners.
              Essentially making sort of a poor-man's Euro-R manifold.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter
              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

You got it.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by Josh26
                  did you stack it on top of your oem spacer or what? cause i been reading the site i see you can stack it with oem or get to blacktrax spacers. just curious what you did cause it looks like you stacked them but not realy sure. but lemme know thanks

josh
                  i put the blacktrax one on the bottom and placed the iab plate on top

Comment

is there a dyno kicking around?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                      is there a dyno kicking around?
                      if u look at my sig theres a link to one of an f22a6, there's dyno's on blacktrax.net

Comment

Nice juan!

I believe the dyno sheet he has is from an F22a.... which is the increase of 5hp/5tq...
                        93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

thx, good little upgrade!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

somebody needs to get a dyno of double stacking iab plates on there, and see how big of a difference it is, that would be crazy if somebody hooked up double IABS, i just wonder the low end torque, or at least i would have one set of iabs hooked up, and just another set their to lean out the mixture a bit, and give a little more power. From the blacktrax spacer you get the power from the cooler intake temps and a bit leaner of a mixture. If you have a spare iab, you could double stack it and just have a little more power from a leaner mixture, easy little free, or cheap mod

Comment

as for double stackin butterflies

is almost imposible

cuz once they open the would hit each other

as for the spacer

what does it really do

is the gain because of lower temperature thanks to its plastic composure

or since the intake is taller it raises velocity of the air inside the manifold????
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                              X