No announcement yet.

ENG: F22 Spark Plug Tube Seal Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ what he said. im guessing i REMOVED IT from 1-17 (or whatever) then i started tightening back from 1-17. i d k if i shouldve done it from 17-1 again, but its been a while and no probs.

its one of those things once u get ur hands in OIL, you'll know what to do.. a bolt might come out here or there but dont worry.. just becareful not to break anything..
    hahahahah

Comment

Nice write up should have this finished by tomorrow. Good info here.

Comment

I never got mine fixed. I don't know how I screwed it up, but it is. I am now looking to replace the engine.

Comment

Wow awesome thread. RIGHT where I needed it...I went to replace my plugs today and saw that in each cylinder there was atleast 1-1/2 of oil. I am fine with removing the valve cover and everything till I get to readjusting the valves and setting the car to TDC. I've never done anything like this so I have no clue...I do however plan on getting a new motor in 6-8 months and am thinking of letting this one slide since it doesnt seem to be negatively effecting the car. Is it worth my time to do this? Or should I just let it slide until I get the new motor? The only problem its giving me now is the oil stains in my driveway

Comment

bring this up from the dead.
            i asked a mechanic friend of mine and he said that u don't have to adjust the valves because u are not messing with the valves
            is that true? i know he is a mechanic but he only has 3 years of experience
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
              i asked a mechanic friend of mine and he said that u don't have to adjust the valves because u are not messing with the valves
              He is wrong because:

You have to "mess with" the valves. Some of the springs will be in the compressed state, and you will need to loosen the bolts to get the valve assembly back down.

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

TIP: Instead of wasting time marking all of your plug wires, simply pull them from the plugs, and then pull the dist cap (with the wires still connected to it). The wires are different lengths, so it's pretty easy to figure out which goes on which plug.

Also, regarding 'holding the crankshaft'. If you're doing this alone, and worried that it'll pop up on you, then just rotate it 90º off TDC, and the distributor will hold it in place for you.

EDIT: Once you've bolted the rocker assembly back in, be sure to put it back to TDC before you begin adjusting the valves.
                Last edited by DilutedImage; 05-25-2006, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Also, if you decide to clean up your rocker assembly while you're in there, some brake cleaner and rags work great at de-staining that aluminum.

Comment

I have read and re-read this entire thread over again. I still don't understand:

1. Why does the top screw of the distributor housing have to be removed?

2. What are the total number of Rocker Arm Assembly bolts? 14 or 18 or 17?

Sorry for the confusion. I just want to be sure b4 I open up the cover.
                    1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

1. That piece it's bolted to is part of the bearing cap. I know it doesn't look like it, but it really is one piece.

2. 18 bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by DilutedImage
                        1. That piece it's bolted to is part of the bearing cap. I know it doesn't look like it, but it really is one piece.

2. 18 bolts.
                        Very much appreciated. Thanks.
                        1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                          He is an idiot. You should not take his advice for anything anymore, get a manual and start on easy things first and learn how to do things yourself, I would not trust him touching my car or my family's car. That's my opinion.

Fact is, in removing the rocker arm assembly you are recommended to loosen the valve lash adjustment nuts/set screws so that when you reinstall them, you're not putting initial pressure down on the valvetrain as you go to install it. So after the rocker arm assembly is torqued down, then you do a valve lash adjustment, after making sure your timing belt/balancer belt are all installed and lined up correctly.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I deleted some threads regarding some "Frozen blah blah" guy giving incorrect information. If you do not know what you're talking about, do NOT post because you're information is more than likely incorrect. You are confusing people and possibly causing issues with their work/car.

Acorn nuts for valve cover grommets are 9 lb-ft or 108 in-lbs.

Learn how to read people, I know that information is in the directions on the first few pages. Besides that, I personally would have a manual anyhow, even if you are partially using this DIY to reconfirm any information or give additional information not covered.

Comment

is it necessary to set the timing at TDC to remove the rocker arm assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                                is it necessary to set the timing at TDC to remove the rocker arm assembly?
                                You will have to set it to TDC on # 1 anyhow for readjusting the valve lash after the O-rings are replaced anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                X