Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT : Legend lip install.... 56k be warned!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT : Legend lip install.... 56k be warned!!!

LEGEND LIP INSTALL..

this is for peeps who need some help or insight in how put on/ install a legend lip.

suplies/tools needed
    the lengend lip
    6 bolts (a 3/8in. or 1/4in. bolts will work fine.)
    12 washers for the bolts
    10-12 screws preferably 1/2in long (i used sheet rock screws but sheetmetal screws will work too.)
    a drill with a 3/8 drillbit or 1/4 drillbit.
    blow torche or some sort of heat gun to heat up the lip to bend.
    a tool box.
    some wd40 or pb blaster or somehing like that.
    a knife or saw
    cardboard

starting off
    first you should remove/ take off the front bumper.
    to do that you must first take off the bumper lights to get to the 4 bumper support bolts (two on each side.) and the take off the two bolts on the inside on the engine bay. they are located below the back of the headlights. for the passenger side you will have the remove the battery support.

doing this will make the install easier to do.

you will need to cut some unneeded tabs off and some other little pieces off the lip. leave the top tabs. please read farther first.

intalling the lip
    cut a small slit into the bumper to slide in the tabs that you didn't cut off.
    the hole/slit sorry if the pics are crap at first.

bumper off/ tabs to save. and other spot to cut

cut the tab completly off.

mock up..

once you have it in the right spot and are ready to bend it put some screws in at the tabs near the center. also put one at the tab in the middle of the 3 top side tabs. the side tab/ one farthest from the center cut off most of it but not all. you will need to keep some on to put the bolts on later.

more in next post.
    Last edited by i-07; 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM.
    back at it again

part 2

heating
    when heat be very careful not to over heat because it will get tooo soft and start to deform. no real need to heat to bend it

spots for screws during and after heating. put a screw on the tab in the middle. and after heating put on on the end.

what it should look like.

now to put on the bolts drill holes in the tabs near the center and at the ends. put in the bolts and washers tightin them up and put the cover back on and be sure to get the little slider things on the sides of the bumper on.

in the end it should look like this.

if you have a question just post on here and i'll help.
    Last edited by i-07; 05-09-2009, 10:33 AM.
    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by i-07 View Post
      and the take off the two nuts on the inside on the engine bay.

Helped Ya

But nice DIY man, I have been looking for a coupe lip for a while now to do this mod.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
        Helped Ya

But nice DIY man, I have been looking for a coupe lip for a while now to do this mod.
        your welcome man. yeah look online but they maybe expensive something like $80-120 for one but if you can find one for cheap in the salvage yard and did you look in the for sale thread.
        back at it again

Comment

is this legend lip from a Coupe or Sedan? Cuz i dont remember Heating being involved with a Coupe Legend Lip.

*Needs*
          -New shocks
          -Struts
          -Drop
          -Cleaning
          -New Tires/Wheels
          -New Window Tint
          -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

look likes the sedan, could just get a coupe and not use the blow torch and have it be short an inch.

Comment

yea when i put my coupe lip on it fit fine without any heating just position correctly

"Hotta Than A Fish Fry, Coola Den Sum Ice Cream"

Comment

i have the sedan.
                back at it again

Comment

Good DIY but I would suggest not doing that on the concrete or pavement because you could scratch up the bumper. If you do do it on your drive way or on the street put down an old blanket or something to protect the pain on the bumper.
                  I My Honda
                  Check out my Ride Here
                  09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment

Originally posted by jasonthebombero View Post
                    Good DIY but I would suggest not doing that on the concrete or pavement because you could scratch up the bumper. If you do do it on your drive way or on the street put down an old blanket or something to protect the pain on the bumper.
                    yeah thats true they should put down a blanket but i didn't scuff my bumper...
                    back at it again

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      look likes the sedan, could just get a coupe and not use the blow torch and have it be short an inch.
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the sedan lip the one that's short an inch. I thought the coupe lip fit perfectly from end to end.

Comment

Originally posted by colslaw87 View Post
                        Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the sedan lip the one that's short an inch. I thought the coupe lip fit perfectly from end to end.
                        yes the coupe lip fits perfectly but the sedan lip is short
                        back at it again

Comment

When going on speed bumps, did you have to go any slower(w/o curving) to avoid scrape? I like to go about 10-15mph on speed bumps when I'm late to school

Comment

Originally posted by ElementCB7 View Post
                            When going on speed bumps, did you have to go any slower(w/o curving) to avoid scrape? I like to go about 10-15mph on speed bumps when I'm late to school
                            well depends on if you car is lowered or how high the speed bump is. don't go on very steep drive way you bottom out!! but yeah you should be fine i live in mass the road are the shityest besides nyc. cuz the lip is as low a one of the lowest points on the car for ex: your down pipe, oil pan, etc.

hopefuly this helped you
                            back at it again

Comment

bump lol
                              back at it again

Comment

Working...
                              X