EXT: OEM 5th Gen side skirts on a 4th gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: OEM 5th Gen side skirts on a 4th gen

I had some 5th gen skirts sitting in my garage for my wife's car and one day I got bored LOL
    Tools Needed:
    Air Compressor
    Impact wrech
    cutting wheel
    19mm socket
    Sharpie or marker
    jack
    jack stands
    drill w/bit
    meassureing tape
    screw drivers
    6 self tapping screws w/washers (the drill bit is for drilling pilot holes)
    Before
    Last edited by 91cord; 12-03-2004, 06:50 PM.

First off the 5th gen skirt is about a half inch shorter the the 4th gen skirt so the rear wheel well lines and the skirt will not match up.

Starting with the drivers side

1. If you don't have air tools (get them) loosen the lug nuts front and back (driver side)

2.Raise and support the drivers side (I placed the jack stands under my frame rails if you put them under the "jack point" they get in the way)

3.If you have air tools use the 19mm socket (on stock lug nuts) and your impact wrench and remove front and back wheels. If you dont have air tools loosen the lug nuts the rest of the way and remove front and back wheels

4.In the front wheel well there are 3 screws that need to be removed.

5. Underneath the car there are 9 plastic screws. They need to be removed

Last edited by 91cord; 10-17-2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

-once all 12 screws are removed the only thing holding the skirt on is 11 plastic clips. The side skirt slides off these clips
      6.Now go to the back wheel well and pull on the back of the skirt intil you pop the clip closes to the rear wheel well off the skirt

7.Once you have popped the rear clip you should beable to pull the skirt clear of the wheel well. If you can't clear the wheel well just pop another clip off the skirt.

8. Once you have the skirt clear of the rear wheel well, push the skirt forward towards the front of the car. The skirt will slide off the clips and fall off the car.

9. Put the 4th gen skirt next to the 5th gen skirt and meassure out the holes on the 4th gen skirt and mark with the marker or sharpie where you need to drill holes for the plastic screws that go under the car.

10. Once you have drilled the holes yo uhaveto cut the skirt so it fits. Cut where the red lines are in the picture. I suggest you put the skirt on teh car first so you can see why it has to be cut and where it has to be cut

Comment

11. after everything is cut place the skirt on teh car. You will not be using the 11 clips that you had to slide the 4th gen skirt off.

12.(front wheel well) I then allined the skirt to where I wanted it and then drilled new mounting holes in the skirt (for the 3 screws that are in the front wheel well)

13. I then went to the rear wheel well and drilled a hole and put a self-tapping screw and washer in for more support

14.Then back under the car, put the plactic screws back in.

15.For added support cause the 11 clips were not used I placed 4 self-tapping screws with washers in

16. place wheels back on and snug lug nugs

17 Lower car

18. Touque lug nuts

19Stand back and admire your beautyfull 4th gen

and then do the other side

Sorry if this is a Bad DIY my first one if you have any questions let me know good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 91cord
          Sorry if this is a Bad DIY my first one if you have any questions let me know good luck.
          no man its great, awesome job!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Thanks hope it helps people that want to do this swap? i guess you could call it

Comment

are those OEM side skirts? let me know I am thinking aboutdoing the same thing.
              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

100% OEM 5th gen side skirts they came off my wife's 96 sedan EX

Comment

Once I get my new 1/4 panels installed, I'm definitely looking into doing this. I just have to figure out how to retain some sort of mud guard (I like mine). Great work tho, and I can't wait to try.

Comment

Thanks and I will see if her 5th gen mud guards will work on the car or if the 4th gen ones work I just have to find them first LOL

Comment

well let me know on the mud guards cause I am wanting to put mine back on. I am going to go this weekend and get the sideskirts. Thanks for the DIY.
                      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

You can use the 4th gen one or the 5th gen onces for the 5th gen ones you have to drill new mounting holes for them but other then that they work

Comment

Originally posted by 91cord
                          First off the 5th gen skirt is about a half inch shorter the the 4th gen skirt so the rear wheel well lines and the skirt will not match up.

can we see a pict where it doesn't match up..

Comment

Ok so it is less the a half inch
                            dont mind the rust and the dirty car LOL

Comment

hummmm.. i think some fiberglass and bondo would fix that..???

Comment

Working...
                              X