• Show
Clear All

EXT: Homemade Projectors For The Broke

Making Your Own Projector Headlights .

Tools needed:

small flat head screwdriver
    wrench 10mm
    heat gun
    and patience!!!! (this will take one full day to complete)

and HAYNES manual for Honda Accord 90 through 93

First off, you will need to remove your GRILL and front BUMPER
    I would suggest getting the HAYNES manual because it will tell you how to take both of those off with ease. The grill has 5 screws and two hooks. The bumper has about 10 bolts.

Once those are off, you can remove your corner lense and your headlights.
    The headlights have about 5 bolts total with two on top and two on the bottom and one on the side. You need to remove the bumper to get to those bottom bolts. because there is no way that you can get to them without removing your bumper.

Next, you will need a screw driver, a heat gun and leather gloves. You will need to heat the headlights where the seal is. The reason why you need leather gloves to is prevent from burning yourself. Remember that glass can get very very hot and it will LOOK like it's cold. So please be careful!!!
    Ok....take off the four clips that hold the headlight lense to the headlight houseing. If you look at the picture of the headlight and heatgun, you will see the small clips on the lower right hand edge of the headlights.
    Take those off.

Then heat one area of the seal. You will see the plastic get yellowish, so start moving it around about an inch back and forth. Then after awhile you will see the silicon/glue seal will start to bubble outwards. Stick you screwdriver deep into the seal crack and just hold it there. Do not pray it open yet because you will end up breaking the glass. While your screwdriver is in place, heat the next area. As you heat the entire headlight silicon/glue seal, move the screwdriver around and slowy pray it open. You may have to reheat certain area again because they have cooled down while you on the other side.

Once it is open, try not to lose any of the silicon/glue seal because it is reuseable.

Let everything cool down.

Next, you can do what I did and take another car to your local aftermarket store and see what fog lights fits. What I did was get a pair of foglights first, but after opening the headlights, I found out that they do not fit.... so I returned them and got another pair, but this time I brought the opened headlight to the store. There I opened the box and place the fog lights inside to see what fit the best.
    I had to admit, the people who worked there were impressed by my creativity.

Ok, now install your foglamps into your headlights. Make sure they are tight and pointing in the same direction. Remember, this is the LAST time you will have access to these lights because one you put on the headlight cover, that is it. And also you will want to clean out everything. so that you don't have finger prints.

Next I bought some silicon glue from my auto hardware store. It is the silicon for leaking windsheilds.
    I first reheated the old silicon/glue seal that was stuck to the headlights. Then I added the silicon glue that I bought as extra protection from water. Yhen pressing the two pieces together, I put on the four clips that I took off before. Those were really helpful for putting things back together!!

Then put everything back together on the car and your done!! Hook up the wires to the fog lamps as what is stated from you foglamp instructions and you're DONE!

Praise The Lowered...

Any pics?
    R.I.P. Cb7 4/27/05
    My members ride page
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #1

Comment

Originally posted by dj justice
      Any pics?
      outcome is something like this i presume (and of course a projector foglight was used instead in WiKKeDV16's DIY). c/o accordingly2004.

his whole thread with more pics can be found here:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=11368
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I am now useing stock 9006 bulbs in my fog lights. Well 9005. But i can take the bulb out. I took the H3 bulb out and just put it at the bottom.

Comment

Those Walmart or Autozone foglights?
          Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
          2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
          2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
          2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

interesting mod. But i'd put quotations around the word "projectors". I was clicking thinking someone made a homemade projector lol

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Light out put sucks. I just went back to driving with my highbeams. I made it so when i turn my lights on the high beams are the ones that come on and when i click my high beams the normal lights come on. I just have them pointed way down. Light out put is way better. Makes my high beams look like hids compared to projectors.

Comment

Working...
              X