Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: DIY Amber Door lights (courtesy lights?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: DIY Amber Door lights (courtesy lights?)

This has probably been done before. idc, this is my way, the easier cheaper way

the picture should explain everything very well, any questions just ask

note: the white around the amber door light thing is just old dirt, and where the carpets peeling

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Another thing

how to fix your faulty or non working door sensors

If u have faulty or non working door sensors (the ones that tell the driver a door is open) if u open ur door and the light on the door isn't working (and the bulb is good) all u gotta do is take them apart (1 screw) disconnected from the wire thing on the back. clean all the corrosion on them and sand all the metal contacts (just a little, not ALOT) and u can take the plastic sliding thing off, it just slides off to the side, and u will see the spring on the inside and like 2 more metal contacts. clean them and sand them too if u'd like. and reinstall everything and put the screw back in (cuz the screw is a "ground" and it needs it in for the light to work) and see if it works. sometimes these door sensors are Way too old and need replacing but i was able to fix all of mine this way. good luck

Comment

dats it, and orange sharpie kool

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

Originally posted by KRIS05VVTi View Post
        dats it, and orange sharpie kool
        yeah. i'm sure it will last a LONG LONG time and u don't have to go out and buy expensive glass paints and IF it ever fades u can redo it and won't take u forever to do it. but i'm sure it won't fade unless u get it wet which i really doubt

Comment

Did this with the red stained glass paint. turned out good.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
            Did this with the red stained glass paint. turned out good.
            that works too or a red sharpie i'm guessing

Comment

do you have any night shots? it looks cool but does it reduce the amount of light that goes through?

Comment

Originally posted by slEEpy_aL View Post
                do you have any night shots? it looks cool but does it reduce the amount of light that goes through?
                it does a litttle bit, not much though. but i'm used to my old intergra 4 door not having any door lights so door lights are just a plus to me u could always just do 1 or 2 coats of sharpie and maybe it will be brighter. i did like 3 or 4

btw, i'll try to get some night shots for u

Comment

Props.

I dont wanna be a wet blanket, but just a little insight to some experiences ive had;

I colored mine green(with glass paint) and it was cool, then i got tired of reduced light, so i replaced with OEM, but used a "hyper white"(blue) bulb, and then one burned out and all i had was a standard white bulb, so i put i it in.

The standard bulb is MUCH brighter than even the hyper white. So be it, with a colored cover or not, just thought id give my $0.02.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                    Props.

I dont wanna be a wet blanket, but just a little insight to some experiences ive had;

I colored mine green(with glass paint) and it was cool, then i got tired of reduced light, so i replaced with OEM, but used a "hyper white"(blue) bulb, and then one burned out and all i had was a standard white bulb, so i put i it in.

The standard bulb is MUCH brighter than even the hyper white. So be it, with a colored cover or not, just thought id give my $0.02.

thanks yeah, u could always buy brighter bulbs and make them amber/red/blue or w/e u want. imma go out and take night pics now =]

Comment

LEDs are pretty much the brightest thing you can buy.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                        LEDs are pretty much the brightest thing you can buy.
                        yea they are. idk but painted door lights are sexy, idc how bright they are, they just gotta look good.
                        i'm uploading night pics in a few

Comment

eh, i suck at night pics. for some reason my camera picked up the red better than the clear one

but the clear one is brighter =] you'll just have to experiment with it.

Comment

^^wow those are pretty bright. its almost like the stock ones except its got a more of a partycar feel

Comment

Originally posted by slEEpy_aL View Post
                              ^^wow those are pretty bright. its almost like the stock ones except its got a more of a partycar feel
                              hell yeah

i just didn't like my clears i could of done any other color, i just did amber to match my corners and bumper lights. if anyone does this diy please post pics

Comment

Working...
                              X