EXT : CV Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
    Thank you! I am so glad this has been helpful to others.

Just a thought, but is it possible you could have put them on the wrong sides?
    Each side is different, and if both axles are not flush in their places it is a possibility.
    No we didn't put them in the wrong place, after taking off the old one we put the new one next to it to see which one was the same ad the old one so Idk......

MRT Thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193631
    My fs thread: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=190359

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
      Thank you! I am so glad this has been helpful to others.

Just a thought, but is it possible you could have put them on the wrong sides?
      Each side is different, and if both axles are not flush in their places it is a possibility.
      See M I told you!!!!
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

bookmarked for when i change my struts ,, instructions with pictures are the best
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Raven- the only other thing I can think of is the "C" ring where the spines start and stop toward the very top, is binding up- try pulling it out, and oiling the little ring. Lube makes LOTS of jobs easier guys!

Last edited by LadyG; 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM.
          Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Bump from the depths.

Comment

Can i suggest instead of using the pickle fork to separate the LBJ from the lower control arm is to use a jack and a 1/2 inch ratchet extension? You basically just put a hydraulic jack under the stud of the LBJ raise it up a tad and slide in the extension so that it touches the stud and continue to jack it up slowly where it'll just pop right out. The good thing about this method is you don't risk ripping the boot on the LBJ like the pickle fork might if you're low on funds or you plan on reusing the one you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                bookmarked for when i change my struts ,, instructions with pictures are the best
                There are videos up here if you need them.

Because I did reference this before I did mine.
                Last edited by GeoffM; 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM.
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                  Can i suggest instead of using the pickle fork to separate the LBJ from the lower control arm is to use a jack and a 1/2 inch ratchet extension? You basically just put a hydraulic jack under the stud of the LBJ raise it up a tad and slide in the extension so that it touches the stud and continue to jack it up slowly where it'll just pop right out. The good thing about this method is you don't risk ripping the boot on the LBJ like the pickle fork might if you're low on funds or you plan on reusing the one you have.
                  I borrowed the pitman arm puller from Autozone and it came off in less than 10 secs without any jacks. It's really safe and quick. I got one now. For our cars we need the smaller 3/8 and not the 1/2. It's only $8 and it comes in good use when needed. When the boots start to get that dry out look, I usually just replace the boots before the joints go. Lot's cheaper and easier than replacing the joints.

Comment

For future posters:

Every method of ball joint removal has been covered in the course of this thread- please see the previous pages of posts for the coverage of this topic.

Oh, and if you have a DIY on a topic, post your own DIY thread; and not in another member's DIY.
                    Its very bad manners.

Thanks.

Comment

Bump

Comment

2 month bump!

Comment

what brand did you use for the axles? is there a brand that is good but cheaper than oem?

also coutersey bump!
                          visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                            what brand did you use for the axles? is there a brand that is good but cheaper than oem?

also coutersey bump!
                            O'Rilley's has the best around, lifetime warranty, and brand now for about $70-80 a pop
                            Originally posted by scudweiser
                            it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                            Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

2 month bump!

Comment

I got mine for the 92 lx wagon....a heavier car..front right for $58 and no shipping...Auto Parts Warehouse. I'll back check my e-mail if they gave me a "friend discount" code.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                                New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                                My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Working...
                                X