windshield washer nozzle tubing mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windshield washer nozzle tubing mod

Hello. This is going to be quick and simple. The hardest part may be picking out what color tubing you want to use.

Reason for this was to replace the old brittle tubing that broke on me when I swapped over to cd accord nozzles. I had this stuff laying around. If you don't go to your local hobby store that sells nitro rc supplies. I only replaced the two pieces of tubing that lead to each nozzle. Not the entire thing. If you look under your hood, you'll see that the single tubing coming from the inside of the fender splits in two.

What was used

nitro rc engine fuel tubing
    nitro rc engine fuel filter
    scissors
    tiny zip-tie

Carefully pull off each hose
    Compare your fuel tubing to your old tubing and cut to length
    Slide the new tubing onto the original fittings
    Add zip-ties to each end

I went almost an inch before the Y fitting. Made a cut, and slid in the fuel filter.

And that's it! Enjoy a little more uniqueness under your hood and not having to clean out your nozzles again. Thank you!
    Last edited by drew12000; 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM.
    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Where's Geoff???

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
      Where's Geoff???
      Right here. This sound like a good idea.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

You know I've been into nitro for a few years now and I never thought about this. That tubing is super flexible and pretty resilient.

Comment

That looks good! Where does it sit when the hood is closed is my only question. As long as it doesn’t clunk when you close the hood then I might experiment with this idea.

I wonder if they make a small enough hose clamp that will work instead of that zip tie. That would finish it off nicely.

I never have had a problem with washer nozzles clogging up but this is still a nice little addition.

Comment

It sits just in front of the cowl. The filter is light, and the hose is stiff. So it's just floating. I haven't noticed any new noises.
            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
            X