EXT: DIY Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: DIY Grill

i finally done my grill today with in 3hrs but i need to put a clear coat on it but tha hells wit it lol.

Also imma buy a small airbush kit like for hobby toys and start airbushing my CB7 parts.

I done this in tha wind today so don't try itit's not bad but u gotta kno what ur doing kinda. And i use bursts of sprays so that it would stick quicker and then i let it dry for a few mins. then sprayed in HOrazotal line cross ways. let dry then Vert. let dry theh burst again and i did this with not clear coat but imma prob. do more grilles tryin Sh*ts out. Like next im try to put flakes in and a metallic look. PRactice Practice Practice Feels like a Tagger= person who does Graffiti
    Tools Used
    ------------
    knife
    sand papaer of ur choice
    black electric tape to cover the emblem then trim the edges off wit the knife
    Rust-Oleum any color of choice
    Time
    OEM Grill
    safe location
    phillps head screwdriver
    Optional =MUsic
    Weapon of choice

Now Removed the Grill

first i washed it like so

sanded it down to smooth it out

Short bursts of sprays aka skeet skeet sprays so it can stick,then back`n`forth, then up and down but let a few mins. between coats

Let dry you put the time on it.

peel slowly

Finished product

Tomorrow imma paint the edges that are in the middle then it might be a little similiar to the 90-91

i'll finish later but im going to sleeps cuz its 4:10am see yea in a few hours
    Last edited by stealthdaybe; 01-05-2006, 04:15 AM.

Thats not oil burning its just Vtec dust

www.myspace.com/disbig

looks pretty good dude

props

Comment

Got my hopes up, i thought it was going to be another Home-made Chargespeed Grill or something

Comment

Looks great, but without clearcoat I doubt that paint will stand up to the bugs...but props for a good looking grill
        -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
        -1993 Accord EX SOLD
        -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
        -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

looks awesome man good job

Comment

THanks all for the comments
            best believe imma do some to it cuz i have a car show on Saturday Winter Cruize Fayetteville
            i prob. gone put a clearcoat on it and imma try to put a mesh in it maybe or maybe not
            i wanna put a shiny clearcoat on it and maybe a blue or black flake or something

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

I did something similar, only in black (for obvious reasons)...
              Looks good mane, get up some whole front pics with it on, instead of close-ups.

Comment

looks good from here but even with clearcoat, i still get chips....i'm gonna completely redo mine and cut out the center crap...

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

that looks nice, i did mine with just the paint that stick on plastic so i don't have to sand anything, but it didn't turn out too good so i'm bout to redo mine the way u did urs

Comment

im doing my vents in the morning and imma take pics .but wit a real ditigal camera cuz i took all thoses on my cell phone cuz it was optional at the time. which means i have to get my lazy A** up in the morning and go to Wal-Mart for a cam,and either get my paint from Wal-Mart or a Auto place such as AutoZone,Napa,Advanced or Sheran-Williams which is right beside napa hhehe.

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

hehaehaeeh
                      i finally clearcoated it . basicly i clearcoated waited repainted waited clearcoated waited clearcoated. clearcoated. waited and repainted etc... and i painted my vents

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

i bout to post my new pics of my grill
                        and what i done to it im fiberglassing dis week Mang

www.myspace.com/disbig

Comment

looks good, same thing I did to mine, but im working on a custom grill now muahahahha

Comment

looks good.. i did that to mine a week ago and i added a mesh in it..

Comment

Originally posted by flyinlow
                              looks good, same thing I did to mine, but im working on a custom grill now muahahahha
                              where did u find the arcadia green to do this grill?? i cant really find much of a dark green with metallic flake in a can.. any suggestions?? i really wanna match this grill to my paint

8 Accords so far:
                              '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                              '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                              (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
                              X