Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyuri87
    replied
    I just bought new headlights and shit scared of messing up

Leave a comment:

• Hostile
    replied
    Just did mine two days ago with a heat gun and it came oout really good. I put the silver star 9005 and the light output is better than before. The only thing that sucked was that the driver side light chrome was a little faded from old age.

Leave a comment:

• xprojectcb7x
    replied
    funny how ive been looking for that krylon stained glass yellow for sooooo long and i didnt realize yall are using the orangish color.

ive had a brand new can of that for a long time. didnt know it looked yellow after its done

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    hey the head lights on a cd5 should be able to be blackhoused the same way right??

Leave a comment:

• popeyeamac
    replied
    yEA a blowdryre will but it might take a lil longer than the oven best bet is the oven

Leave a comment:

• CB7IceMan
    replied
    will a blow dryer help separate the glass part of the head lights?

Leave a comment:

• popeyeamac
    replied
    Originally posted by alkoholikwun
    so whats easier:
    -painting the high beam yellow, then mask it to paint the housing black
    -or-
    -paint the housing black, then mask that to paint the high beam yellow

-also, there should be no trace of chrome left in the "high beam" housing correct? (if yellow coating the high beam)
    -and last but not least, how are the light outputs from the low beam and high beam afterwards?

from bottom to top lol easiest to readlol:

high beam when yellow depends on how many coats you put on it but still isnt as bright as it was before all is done

there can still be chrome on the top and bottom but thats a pregerence

and easiest wa i found is to mask everything and paint it blackand then when done with that do the yellow

Leave a comment:

• alkoholikwun
    replied
    so whats easier:
    -painting the high beam yellow, then mask it to paint the housing black
    -or-
    -paint the housing black, then mask that to paint the high beam yellow

-also, there should be no trace of chrome left in the "high beam" housing correct? (if yellow coating the high beam)
    -and last but not least, how are the light outputs from the low beam and high beam afterwards?
    Last edited by alkoholikwun; 05-07-2008, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• popeyeamac
    replied
    just finished blackhousing and added a projector to my 12k hids not bad if i must say so myself i had my girl mask them for me

Leave a comment:

• ExCoupe92
    replied
    take a looky at mine. did it the other day.

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    Originally posted by betterstolen
    i know this is a bit of a bump but i have a question. i saw this diy and havent had time but my clutch crapped out so i am in the process and i got my headlights opened up and the cone reflector that goes on the low beams... the inside of it is black? wouldnt this limit the amount of light coming out? should it be chrome?
    thanks guys ill be sure to post up some before and afters!
    the inside is supose to be black.

i need to do a new set my lenses are heavily pitted.

Leave a comment:

• betterstolen
    replied
    i know this is a bit of a bump but i have a question. i saw this diy and havent had time but my clutch crapped out so i am in the process and i got my headlights opened up and the cone reflector that goes on the low beams... the inside of it is black? wouldnt this limit the amount of light coming out? should it be chrome?
    thanks guys ill be sure to post up some before and afters!

Leave a comment:

• myk
    replied
    DAMN THOSE PHILLIPS SCREWS, both my headlights had one left to get undone. I could do it, i actually BROKE my housing by trying to torque off the screw on that spring/adjustment assembly. Ohhhh when I get my dremel back there dead.

I failed at this DIY... damn i suck...

Leave a comment:

• enVmeACCORDngly
    replied
    more pics

just a little more pics to help people out

supplies

stock

after

on car side view

on car front view

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    hey somone want to do some honda pilot headlights just so i can see what it would look like. and stuff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X