Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sn000t
    replied
    Picture dont work.

Leave a comment:

• stence2028
    replied
    I just sprayed the black

Leave a comment:

• honda_mike
    replied
    do u just spray the black straight on or has anyone used primer first, and then the black?

Leave a comment:

• stence2028
    replied
    you shure your using the right screws? because the screws that go in there are long.and make shure the little nipple thing is faceing to the back of the headlight.
    make shur the holes are aligned right i had the same problem.lol
    Last edited by stence2028; 03-19-2011, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 909_cb7
    replied
    quick question, i did the blackhousing two days ago, and my only problem was when i was putting the headlights back in, on step 15, the pivot screws wouldnt screw back in? any help on this?

Leave a comment:

• stence2028
    replied
    im doing this as i sit here.got one in the oven right now.

Leave a comment:

• EJX_Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by tru2037 View Post
    First - Thank you for the write up man, I love this look. I have a question - I plan on using automotive paint and I seen you recommended the bbq grill paint, is that glossy or no? I would think the rustoleom you mentioned would've been, also how did the yellow hold up over the years?
    My yellow faded quite bad over 1.5 years. I lived in the country and used my high beams all the time, so that's probably a contributing factor.

Leave a comment:

• Theos92VR4
    replied
    Originally posted by stence2028 View Post
    does blackhousing the headlights effect the light out put.
    No, because you are not painting the reflector. And if you do paint the high beam reflector yellow it will not effect the output because you are using transparent paint.

Leave a comment:

• stence2028
    replied
    does blackhousing the headlights effect the light out put.

Leave a comment:

• JoshM
    replied
    Originally posted by i-07 View Post
    idk i think it helps with glare
    Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed it helped with glare too in my old coupe, but
    I guess it is possible, but it's not going to be a huge difference. The glare with HIDs will be terrible with or without blackhousing. lol

Originally posted by tru2037 View Post
    First - Thank you for the write up man, I love this look. I have a question - I plan on using automotive paint and I seen you recommended the bbq grill paint, is that glossy or no? I would think the rustoleom you mentioned would've been, also how did the yellow hold up over the years?
    I used 99cent paint from Lowes. It really doesn't matter which paint you use, just be sure to scuff up the surface to give the paint something to adhere to.
    I did my lights (blackhouse/yellow high) in 2007. The guy that bought them from me installed them on his in 2008. They look as good today as they looked in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• tru2037
    replied

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    cuz i've seen cbs with hids in non black it glares a lil bit

Leave a comment:

• DJ metadelic
    replied
    Yeah, I've noticed it helped with glare too in my old coupe, but

Leave a comment:

• i-07
    replied
    Originally posted by JoshM View Post
    Excellent touch!

It doesn't matter at all. HIDs don't effect the blackhousing of headlights, nor does blackhousing of headlights effect HIDs.
    idk i think it helps with glare

Leave a comment:

• CB7North
    replied
    [QUOTE=JoshM;2754267]Excellent touch!

Thanks when i do my headlights i will post pic of them in my car // i think it would look hot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X