Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard is it to get the housing back into the bracket that holds them and to get them aimed properly? Just curious. I havent taken my headlights apart before... I have a spare one that part of the bracket is broken off of it so I think I am going to practice on it first. Good writeup and pics. This is definatly something that I want to do... Just need it to warm up a little outside.. Later

Comment

Not hard at all. just don't move the set screws and you should be okay.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
      JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

I have a another problem of course. When taking the 4 bolts out from behind the front bumper tunn signal lens (the ones on the front of the bumper not the ones by the headlight) the one was sooo rusty my socket wont even fit on it! There's no space to work either. what should I do?

Comment

You can use a bolt extractor kit or just follow this easy DIY:

Get yourself a spare 12mm or 13mm socket, cardboard and some JB Weld.

1. Mix up the JB Weld.
          2. Cut out a small piece of card board to fit inside the spare socket and push it all the way in to cover the hole in the back.
          3. Apply a generous amount to the spare socket. Be sure there enough to secure it to the stripped bolt.
          4. Put the socket over the stripped bolt and apply enough pressure for the JB Weld to bond.
          5. Allow the JB Weld to cure and there it is.
          6. Purchase a #10 grade bolt to replace the broken one.

Comment

Just completed mine today, I first tried to use a flame torch to split the headlight apart... yea that didn't work to good... I ended up burning my finger lol. I then threw them in the oven at 250 degress and 10 minutes later they came apart like cake.

Comment

heres how i did mine and the finished product, took around 6 hours after i got the bumper off, but i work slow.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Good job!!! Keep it up.

Comment

thanks for the help guys!!!

Comment

ok i give up i searched every hobby store/paint store in town and no luck on yellow clear paint.
                    where can i get this stuff online i was going on krylon.com but didnt find it
                    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                      heres how i did mine and the finished product, took around 6 hours after i got the bumper off, but i work slow.

wow, that looks amazing. very nice job.

Comment

www.misterart.com

Comment

<--- Hyper White Highbeams and Low Beams... highbeams dont output green! rofl

here are my yellow highbeams and blackhouse completed!!!

i think arcadia green cbs should all do it! -- carefully... haha

Be Clean

Comment

is there anyway we can run w/ the yellow beams only? like in the day time...for that cool look, haha

member's ride thread
                            91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Sure why not? I do it all the time, even at night when I'm in the mood for something different. No one seems to flash their highs at me any more like when my highs were white. It has something to do with the yellow light not bothering the human eye as much as white light.

Comment

yeah its just that my friends were hassling me and saying that oh that shit is Illegal and you're gonna get pulled over for that if you keep on driving that way. I personally dont see a prob. w/ it. For instance today it rained, and was kinda cloudy and dark, and the Yellow beams helped out a TON. So this isn't illegal right?

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X