Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
    1. Remove the side marker retaining screw. Pull out the marker and unplug the bulb connector.
    For those that haven't removed their corners before, you pull FORWARD on the light housing. It may give a "snap" sound. If you pull more towards you (sort of off to the side of the car) you'll break the tab on the housing. It's unfortunately one of those things that's obvious only after you've done it.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
      could you use a heat gun on the headlights instead? i dont think my dad would be to happy to wake up or come home with head lights in his oven.
      sounds like my dad, wait just the though of me working on my honda(to him) would piss him off
      My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Very nice I like whats cookin in the kitchen smells good if your really good

Comment

i was wondering... could i do this same DIY to my bumper signal lamps since they are clear too?

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz
            i was wondering... could i do this same DIY to my bumper signal lamps since they are clear too?
            they already make blackhoused bumper lights..they are all over ebay
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

awsome right up, incase the pictures gets deleted again I went ahead and printed out this thread including the pics dang over 50 pages just for the diy, thanks alot Bro

Comment

Yes you can do your cornersas well. The whole idea of a DIY is that you dictate the out come, not the company that mass produces. Keepan eye out for my corner/ bumper blackout DIY.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Check out the added steps and PICS for JDM Yellow high beams!!!!

Comment

okay i know you paint the top and bottom of inside the headlamps but does it really affect the headlight beam at night? will you be able to see the road as good because the top of the inside headlamp is black?

i've already done this DIY but i didnt compare to stock, just wondering, looks great tho

Be Clean

Comment

Does the headlights leave a smell around the house? I dont have a heat gun and never thaught about the oven, I want to try it while my parents are gone.

Will's Accord

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord
                        Does the headlights leave a smell around the house?
                        Nope, not really from what I remember....

I give this thread 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up!!

okay i know you paint the top and bottom of inside the headlamps but does it really affect the headlight beam at night? will you be able to see the road as good because the top of the inside headlamp is black?
                        Nope, there is no affect in output what so ever.... The surfaces that you are painting simply DO NOT assist in redirecting light from the bulb forwards to the road, plain and simple.
                        Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 10-22-2006, 01:49 AM.
                        1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

^^^ Ditto; I actually noticed an improvement over stock. There isn't as much glare and the they seem crisper, when seen from afar.

Thanks maroonaccord2.2. for the props.

Comment

i love you... when you spray the yellow stained paint, do you mask off the black?

Comment

Originally posted by tanNn2koo
                              i love you... when you spray the yellow stained paint, do you mask off the black?
                              That's completely up to you. The first set I did, were already blacked out, ie. my first set, so I didn't mask them off. They are the ones in the pics. Then the DIY bug bit me again and I did a set for a friend and after pulling the housings out of the oven (after applying the black paint), I just left the masking tape on there and applied the yellow then. I even did a blue and yellow set; all red (Don't Ask) set and red yellow.

Just use a sweeping motion and try not to put it on too thick. Then heat cure it the oven.
                              Last edited by djcaz_aom; 10-26-2006, 06:57 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by wills_accord
                                Does the headlights leave a smell around the house? I dont have a heat gun and never thaught about the oven, I want to try it while my parents are gone.
                                the silicone stinks for sure and will make the house smelly. the spray paint if done outside wont stink up the house. i remember having spraypaint smell in my house... just have air freshner ready when parents are gone. this DIY is fun and worth it, hardest part is taking off bumper

Be Clean

Comment

Working...
                                X