Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are car makes that come with Yellow beams integrated. Lots of european models do. When I got inspected, the guy asked about the headlights and I told him that the car was brought from Germany by a soldier in the Army, which in turn I bought from him. I passed inspection.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

go to michaels craft store for yellow stained glass paint. dont look at the spray paint. u have to go to the actual stained glass paint section. then look around. its not the normal size can of spray paint. its much smaller. they have blue red and yellow. good luck

Comment

Is any familiar with r/c paint used 2 paint r/c car plastic body, can this paint be used .and on a scale from 1-10 , 1being easy & 10being hard , how hard or easy is it to do this DIY. I'm gonna buy new lights on the weekend and try this but i wanna get the paint and there is a hobby shop in my area that's y i asked about the r/c paint being used..... BTW.... All u guys who did this DIY and posted pix they all look good

Comment

I would say a 5 on a scale of one to ten. I say this because the only hard part about the DIY is the masking of the headlights. If you take your time masking, then you shouldn't have problems. Good luck with your mod and post pics for all to see and forget to rate the tread. If you have any questions PM me. As for the R/C paint, as long as it isn't water based, it should be okay.

Comment

Thanx and mos def I'm gonna post pix when done & i shouldn't have a prob wit painting cause i used to do graffiti u see da sn that was my tag name . All i was really worried about was the opening the light part but i think i got it

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
            I would say a 5 on a scale of one to ten. I say this because the only hard part about the DIY is the masking of the headlights. If you take your time masking, then you shouldn't have problems. Good luck with your mod and post pics for all to see and forget to rate the tread. If you have any questions PM me. As for the R/C paint, as long as it isn't water based, it should be okay.

Comment

Great diy I will b tryin this in a couple of weeks.
              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Cool. post pics and if it was helpful, rate it.

Comment

thanks

just wanted to say thanks for the great write up i got bored and did it ill post pics later

Comment

thought i would throw my finished blackhouse pic on here. Thanks for the DIY it made the process much easier.

My Member's Ride Page (Do it)

Comment

Two thumbs up!!!

Comment

Great DIY!
                        ZING!

MY RIDE

-=HondaSpace=-

Comment

just did mine even did the oem corners but wanna put the glass from the clear corners i think it will look good alomst like the jdm corners

Comment

Looks good and yes they do give it the JDM corner look with the clear lens.

Comment

hell ya

i'm doing mines this weekend thank guy i love this web site

4 door ex-l

Comment

Ugh, I just tried to do the bumper lights, I put them in the oven at 225 for like 10 minutes, they wouldn't come apart
                                wat?

Comment

Working...
                                X