Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: A Complete USDM Black Housing DIY W/ PICS!!! (56K Be Warned!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres mine.....

i never done this before until i saw the diy on doing them. its was easy as heck and they look hot. nice diy.
    my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
    MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

One quick question for u guys who have done this diy.Do u mask the sides and paint where the reflector goes?Also do u take the mask tape off before u put the sealant?
      Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Mine is in my sig,

Actually the orginal sealant worked fine for me
        wat?

Comment

Yours came out lovely peteypete
          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

Originally posted by GREENCB3
            Yours came out lovely peteypete
            thanks man.
            my daily driver. (AOM June 2010)

"she may not look like much, but she's got it were it counts kid. Made a lot of special modifications myself."
            MR page

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=76111

Comment

The diy is very helpful and if you don't feel comfortable get in touch with someone who has done it before multiple times.....I didn't feel so I had caz do mine they came out real goog and in less then three hours and it was raining they were back on the car and I was on my way.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

I did mine and they came out pretty good. I gotta work on some better pics tho.

Comment

hey uhhh djcaz, just wondering where my headlights are. I'd be nice if you'd get back to me. You know its been over a month now since I sent you the money?
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

wow excellent DIY! i am in process of doing my jdm 1 pieces right now and after taking them apart seem like they are going to be much easier to paint then the usdm headlights... i was thinking of painting them something other then black maybe a gunmetal or metalic dark red ..... i can get all types of colored high temp paint cause my father owns a chimney/ woodstove company and the paint is made for woodstoves.... any ideas on the color??

a pic of the process i got through with tonight..... i was thinkin maybe painting the chrome trim too??? dunno tho... any ideas would be helpful thanks-

Comment

when i did my headlights i didn't have to use sealant either,, i just reheated the head lights and put them back together with the metal clamps.. no leaks yet.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

so i finally got done with my headlights yesturday and i relly like the way they came out!

lemme know what u guys think

Comment

just a quick question....would i be able to put the headlights in the oven with the bracket still on? my bolts are too rusty to take off and they keep stripping
                          Hold On Not Done Accelerating
                          Had One Never Did Again

Comment

Do you need to scrape all the old silicone adhesive off before you put the new stuff on? Or does the heat of the oven kind of melt it all together? And Am i going to mask the funny lookin triangle thing at the top of the low beam?
                            Last edited by Hondatuner998; 09-10-2007, 11:16 PM.
                            Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

it WOULD be a good idea. cuz while your doin the paint the glue will dry up b a lil hard to remove but yes it would def help out when u put then back on with some clear silicone. HERES MINE with BUMPER LIGHT off 91 CB9
                              I wasnt tryin 2 blk house the whole light i still wanted my chrome 2 show i didnt push it bk like others do.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                                when i did my headlights i didn't have to use sealant either,, i just reheated the head lights and put them back together with the metal clamps.. no leaks yet.
                                Thats exactly what i did. No leaks as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X