X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: REAR Lip

I used the steps for this diy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60766
    **Thanks a WHOLE LOT for researching into this.

Materials
    -Power drill
    -Scissors
    -8ft long garage door bottom lining @ homedepot
    -20+ 1/4" Self tapping screws + optional washers
    **Flat black spray paint if you really want to make it look nicer, be sure to tape off your bumpers with atleast 4 inches of tape so you dont get your bumper while spraying

and applied it to the rear lip

It takes about 20 self tapping screws, i used 1/4 inch ones with some washers.

Step 1
    Buy the garage door bottom from home depot near the door sections. You need atleastt 8 ft because after i was finished i had about a foot left over from a 9 foot garage door bottotm.

Step 2
    Jack the car up high enough to fit your drill and position the lip under the bumper. If you have mud guards just cut at a 45 degree angle and then straight again so the rear lip sits flush against the mud guard. Start from one end to the other.

Step 3
    Drill the self tapping screws about every 3-5 inches, if you go any more the lip will droop and look odd. You can see it droop on the passenger side, need to drill another screw.

Step 4
    At the bends of the bumper you need about 3 screws, 1 at the bend, and 1 on each side of the bend about 2 inches away from the screw at the bend.

Step 5
    Once you've gotten to the muffler cut out, just use a scissor and have end any way you want. I chose to have it follow the muffler cutout.

Step 6.
    Repeat for passenger side

**Optional step with spray paint
    Tape off your bumper with 3 inches of tape and spray 2 coats of black, let it dry between coats.

Here's how my came out, the passenger side is droopey because i ran out of screws, but i'll refine it later.

**This is before i sprayed the rear lip down, I'll take more updated pics from far away. Was too busy installing my 1 piece head lights with long.

*dont mind where it hits the rear mud guard, it actually sits flush against the bumper, i drilled another screw there.

overall it looks damn good for $8 and adds a little flare to your car and makes yo look 1.15" lower aha

more pics

and a pic of my car ;p
    Last edited by ikayto; 03-07-2007, 04:40 AM.

So it's a lip over a lip.. Very nice A+ for this

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i guess you can call it that ahha, but our lips are molded on to the bumper, so its a bumper together ;p

it looks REAL NICE spray painted black.

Comment

very very different. You get props for a idea like this. Might as well make a garage door body kit so it doesnt break or crack when you bottom out. LOL
        WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Originally posted by Abeerdrinker
          Might as well make a garage door body kit so it doesnt break or crack when you bottom out. LOL
          LMAO Charles...

Anyhow, props for a different/new/fresh idea...
          RETIRED...

Comment

pretty damn nice dude. mega thanks, i think ima do this on my cb!!
            "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
            "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
            Disregard females, acquire currency
            BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

i dig it..how bout doing the same thing to sideskirt lol

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

lol side skirt would work but i dont thin it'd look nice, toto plain ;p

Comment

Originally posted by vwhondaman
                  LMAO Charles...

any reason why you called my goverment name out? Dont take it personal but do I know you? hehehe
                  WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

more pics are uploaded

*i spray painted the lip black in these new pics.
                    Last edited by ikayto; 03-04-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

good idea bad follow through

the build and demise
                      buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Originally posted by HF22T
                        good idea bad follow through
                        bad follow ?

Comment

im totally gonna do this to my beater

Comment

im goin to do that and the front lip once i get to the hardware store

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

good luck guys, and remember to not space the tapping screws too far from each other or the lip would droop in the middle.

take pics after!

Comment

Working...
                              X