Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Painting your Cluster Bezel, Removing Trip *Pics* 56k =(

Painting Bezel DIY
    Due to alot of PM's and people calling me asking me how to remove the trim. here you go..i couldn't find an old one, with working pictures. hope this is good =)

This DIY is good for
    -Painting your Bezel
    -Replacing or Repairing your Cluster
    -if you want to Remove Trim.

Disclaimer: I am not Resposible, if you break anything in
    your car while doing this, hurt yourself, blow up the car, cut your finger
    off, get dumped. Anything This is for infomational purposes only. do this
    at your own risk

Tools
    -Phillips Screwdriver
    -Flathead Screwdriver
    ^^Various Size will be needed^^
    -Desired paint
    -Time: 45 minutes to 2 hours depending how slow you are

REMOVING THE TRIM
    1. Remove the Coin box to the Left near the Door.

2. Pry the Cruise Control Master Switch / Sunroof Switch Assembly (EX, SE Models) and Disconnect, and Put that to the Side

3. Pry out the Instrument Panel Brightness Controller with a Flathead Screwdriver, and Disconnect, and put it to the Side.

4. Pry out the Hazard Warning Switch, Rear Window Defrogger Switch, and Disconnect, and Put them to the Side.

5. Remove the Ashtray, and You will see 2 Screws. you can remove the whole Ashtray assembly but you don't have to. Just Take the Left Screw out. and Behind the Ciggarete lighter remove that screw too. (you do not have to remove the ones with "X"s)

6. Pry out the Left Side, and Center Air vents with a Small Flathead Screwdriver. Be careful to not scratch the plastic.

7. Remove the Screw behind Air vent you pryed out earlier. should be on top. close the air vent to make sure that if you drop the screw it doesn't fall into the hole.

8. Remove the 1 Screw where you removed the Coin Tray. Easier with a Magnetic Screwdriver.

9. Remove the 1 Screw where you removed the Cruise Control Switch.

10. Remove the 2 Screws Right Above the Intrusted Clutster.

11. Remove the 1 Screw where you removed the Clutster Brightness Controller.

12. Removed 2 Screws on top of the air vents you removed earlier (center)

13. Remove the 2 Screws Below the Heater/ Air Conditioner and Above the Stereo

14. Cluster Should Come out Easy. Be Careful not to Break it.

i had/found no pics, so i got haynes to help me
    *hope i don't get sued* i take no credit for these ^ pictures*
    im just trying to help a brotha out
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 11-17-2008, 10:02 PM.

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Removing The Cluster
    1. Once you've Removed the Trim, you should see 4 screws holding the cluster. 2 on the left, 2 on the right. Remove those.

2. After that, you should see 2 Connectors on the front, 1 on the bottom left and 1 on the bottom right. Disconnect those carefully. if you got a little fingernail that helps

3. you should be able to move it out slowly. Don't pull it too hard or you will break something. (watch the little plastic Stick, that resets the Trip Odometer)

4.There is 1 final Connector on the top of the cluster which is the hardest, remove that. the the cluster should be out!..

Taking it Apart
    Okay once you have it out. Look at the picture i have made

1. Remove the Rear Bulb, that has 2 cables running down from the top to the rear, it's in the center in the back of the cluster, just remove that and that will come off with plastic piece

2. there should be 3 black tabs, and 2 on top or the other way around. Anyways just push those in with your finger if you can. and the plastic should start coming loose and should eventually come off. lay it to the side.

and the plastic Bezel part should just pop up easily..and the rest if yours to figure out..paint it, and put it back in the way you removed it. should be left with this after taking out bezel

Just Paint it Using Light Coats, let it Dry put it back in. Those plastic things that have the turn signals, brake light, seatbelt light, etc can be token off and put back in when finished painting.

Heres are some Links, and Pictures of Bezels i have worked on.

JDMChristians991 White Cb7 on White Bezel

CB7Ch!ck's Arcadia Green Cb7 on Acadia Green Bezel

My Bezel on my Accord i recently done

Laurens Cb7

you learn by doing, that's how i've learned. just take it easy on the plastic parts you don't want to break em.

Thank you if you got Questions, pm me or post them on here.

NOTE!: on Airbag 9293 Models. you MAY Have to remove the plastic around the Behind Steering wheel,
    around where you put your key in ignition. i sometimes take it out to make life easier. it's only
    4 or 5 screws on the bottom and it will come loose. and just put the screws back in when you
    finish!.
    Last edited by cvc7chris; 11-26-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

good thread, just wanted to add that you must remove the center console to access the screws below the ashtray and lighter.
      MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
      If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

yeah you can that way too^

but on the 4 cars i removed clusters from..i could reach with a long magnetic screw driver.

but you can remove the center console which is 4 screws like 2 on each side..and should
        go right up..

Comment

good thread!
          thanks

Comment

if anyone does this, feel free to post pictures on this thread.

i would do mine if opal green mettalic wasn't impossible to find

Comment

my ford blue one

wich i replaced with this PCP chrome one

wich i then replaced with a stock one
              Blake.
              1994 Accord Part out!
              Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

Nice is that a 3rd gen ? the cluster almost looks like a 4th gen accord

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
                  Nice is that a 3rd gen ? the cluster almost looks like a 4th gen accord
                  yep i looked in to changing the cluster to a cb one but the 3rd gen has a mechanical speedo and the 4th gen has a electric one
                  Blake.
                  1994 Accord Part out!
                  Me and my step dad's 1991 Accord EX Coupe MRT

82 accord-rip, 94 geo-sold, 82 cavilier-rip,81 civic-rip,88 accord- rip, 88 legend- rip, 91 civic- sold,97 geo-sold, 92 accord- sold 94 accord- RIP, 1990 Camry- RIP

Comment

yeah..paint yours...

it's easy..if you want

Comment

Updated List of Gauge Bezels painted..=) =) =)

Comment

well i think the rising sun looks sick!
                        nice job

Comment

this was what was in the blua accord.

i had also taken the turn indicators out and candy blued over them so i could still see them but while in the car they blend in, fading away.

edit: i will be redoing this soon, i will no longer have all these colors in my car, the inerior is going to be black, and dark colors.. no more red and blue.
                          Last edited by KeeleDesign; 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM.
                          "Self Renewed"

Comment

nice man..

is it hard to replace the stock gauges with those ebay white faced ones?

Comment

yeah it suxed....
                              "Self Renewed"

Comment

Working...
                              X