Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWAP: Cruise control usage with 5spd swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    bumping this...gonna try it on my Auto to 5spd H22 tomorrow. Hope it works!

so i just need to connect the black & green/white together from the grey plug and then run that as one wire to the black on the clutch switch? And run the pink from the grey plug to pink on the clutch switch?
    Not if you have an auto ECU...
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
      so you need a manual ECU then? Can I just convert mine to a manual one and it'll still work right? Right now there's a P13 auto in there but I've got no CEL lights or anything.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

ive used cruise on my auto pt6 before...
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
          are auto PT6s the same as Auto P13s? regarding this cruise issue?

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

are auto PT6s the same as Auto P13s? regarding this cruise issue?
            that i dont know.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              It doesn't have anything to do with the engine ECU. It has to do with the wiring of the CRUISE ECU.

Comment

so you need a manual ECU then? Can I just convert mine to a manual one and it'll still work right? Right now there's a P13 auto in there but I've got no CEL lights or anything.
                Read my previous post. It is all covered in there. I can't help you if you won't help yourself.

Comment

Read my previous post. It is all covered in there. I can't help you if you won't help yourself.
                  Which post?

Either computer can be used, but they work opposite of each other.

The auto computer uses a grounded wire to allow it to activate, while a grounded wire causes a manual computer to disconnect.

So you can use either, but the pink wire is setup differently. I have a 5 speed swap without the switch hooked up and an auto CC computer. The pink wire is grounded. Downside? It doesn't disconnect when you put the clutch in. One of things on the to do list.
                  Are you saying I need an manual computer? as in CC computer or ECU? If I need a manual ECU then I'll just hold off on this until I get a chipped P28 or something, my chipped p13 sucks...I still have black soot on the rear of the bumper, idles horribly too.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Which post?

Are you saying I need an manual computer? as in CC computer or ECU? If I need a manual ECU then I'll just hold off on this until I get a chipped P28 or something, my chipped p13 sucks...I still have black soot on the rear of the bumper, idles horribly too.
                    No it depends on the CC computer. Two totally seperate systems. Everything else is in that post.

I practically tell you how to wire it without spoon feeding it. If you want to tackle such a project and not mess your car up, then a wiring diagram will fill in the blanks.

Comment

No it depends on the CC computer. Two totally seperate systems. Everything else is in that post.

I practically tell you how to wire it without spoon feeding it. If you want to tackle such a project and not mess your car up, then a wiring diagram will fill in the blanks.
                      I created this DIY and wired it as described in the first post......I tested it with the cruise brain from the 5spd swap car AND my 10th anni auto cruise brain.......cruise worked fine with either cruise brain.
                      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                        I created this DIY and wired it as described in the first post......I tested it with the cruise brain from the 5spd swap car AND my 10th anni auto cruise brain.......cruise worked fine with either cruise brain.
                        yeah but the ECU is the issue of my annoyance lol. Did you use an Auto or 5spd ECU when you converted to from Auto-5spd? I already know my Auto CC brain will work as you demonstrated, so I'm going to use that since I know it was working perfectly fine prior to my 5spd swap.
                        Last edited by Losiracer2; 11-17-2009, 01:23 AM.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I just re-read everyone's posts and it doesn't seem like the ECU matters that much, just the CRUISE computer whether or not you have an Auto or 5spd one. the OP didn't mention him swapping his Auto ECU for a 5spd ECU. Just wanted to clarify?

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
                            That's interesting, because according to Helm's page 23-230 there should be continuity to ground when the clutch pedal is pressed (MT) or when it is in 2, D3 or D4 (auto). Since the CC disengages when the clutch pedal is pressed, one would assume that ground would in fact disengage the computer. And since the CC only works in 2, D3, or D4 on an auto, one would assume that ground must be present for the CC computer to work. I can guarantee an auto computer MUST be grounded in order to engage. According to the other information in the manual here, the MT is opposite of that.

Although, it might be a typo too. On page 23-235 it says there should be continuity with it released.

All I remember was I had to wire it backwards to get it to work.

Comment

I followed these instructions but still cannot get CC to work. I soldered the black to black (same as ignition) and the pink to pink and it won't work.

I don't know what is wrong, CC worked fine before the 5 speed swap. I thought it was the clutch switch that was bad, replaced it with another one and it still didn't work. I also replaced the brake pedal switch and that did not fix it either.

Could it be I soldered the wires improperly? I have tried everything it seems.
                              Last edited by Mishakol129; 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM.
                              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

That's interesting, because according to Helm's page 23-230 there should be continuity to ground when the clutch pedal is pressed (MT) or when it is in 2, D3 or D4 (auto). Since the CC disengages when the clutch pedal is pressed, one would assume that ground would in fact disengage the computer. And since the CC only works in 2, D3, or D4 on an auto, one would assume that ground must be present for the CC computer to work. I can guarantee an auto computer MUST be grounded in order to engage. According to the other information in the manual here, the MT is opposite of that.

Although, it might be a typo too. On page 23-235 it says there should be continuity with it released.

All I remember was I had to wire it backwards to get it to work.

So what you're saying is I need to replace the auto CC module with the MT module to get it to work with this wiring method? Thing is I already tried switching out the CC module with the MT and it still did not work.
                                “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                                ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Working...
                                X