INT: Cruise Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Cruise Control

This was moved from the beginner section where it was posted when I first joined. Didn't spark much interest in there, maybe it'll get some use in here..

This is for a 92 w/SRS. I have no clue how it relates to other years/models.. Anyways, I was bored today and finally got around to hacking away at the mess under my dash. The previous owner had just stuffed all the airbag stuff under the dash making a mess of things but retaining CC (yay!).. I figured the wiring could be cut out of the Airbag wiring harness and save on the mess... I found after breaking the SRS roating unit apart, it's very easy to do..

I searched around for a bit on here and didn't see a whole lot on the subject, figured this would be handy for someone, the picture started for my own reference during the breakdown... It became this lol...

As per usual, do this at your own risk, I am not responsible for your actions.

Sorry man! this is what for?
    Colombian CB7

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...3A+1992+accord

Comment

I had an aftermarket wheel on my BB1, and spliced my old 240's cruise control switch into the harness for the CC Unit to keep cruise, and threw the chip out. Works great.

I wanted to mention that a power window up/down switch is perfect for cruise control.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
      After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
      Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
      PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by Isdoyra View Post
        Sorry man! this is what for?
        This is for those who are equipped with SRS(Airbags) and Cruise Control, seeking to ditch all the SRS system and retaining function of cruise control.

In stock form, cruise is wired through the SRS "block" on the steering colum, this "block" for lack of a better term, allows the wiring to rotate with the steering wheel and not get bound up as it would if it was just typical wiring.

With this information, you can mount cruise buttons anywhere you want(extra slots on dash, console, or custom location). Using either the stock buttons(that surround the circut shown) or by soldering in another type of switch to the circut board's pads.

If you want to keep them mounted on the steering wheel, don't bother with this. However, soldering new buttons to the pads shown may still be needed for a clean look.

I never added much of a disclaimer to this because they seem a little redundant. EXTREME CARE!!!! Should be taken when working with Airbags!!!!
        Static Electricity is more than enough to set one of these fuckers off! Plugged in or not.

Comment

Originally posted by lucid View Post
          I had an aftermarket wheel on my BB1, and spliced my old 240's cruise control switch into the harness for the CC Unit to keep cruise, and threw the chip out. Works great.

I wanted to mention that a power window up/down switch is perfect for cruise control.
          Thanks for the info! You should be able to use just about any switch known to man, but window switch definately seems like the best choice since it's got two functions.

Comment

Working...
          X