Int- The Dreaded Door Handle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Int- The Dreaded Door Handle!

Hey whats up, I think that everyone in here can relate to this one, On my car the passenger side door handle broke due to my GF who is not carefull with things even after I SUPER GLUED IT, apparently this occurs often. SO I went to the JY again! While there I found several CB's, and only one out of 14 cars had the same blue INT as mine with no power locks or windows AND GUESS WHAT: SAME PROBLEM AS MINE! So I took a closer Look at the Rear Pass Side and long and be hold its the same as the front only with a Differant clip to hold the wire in!

New Rear Handle Fron JY

Take the Green clip thats on the rear handle off then replace it with the clip thats on the front broken handle and put it on the handle your going to replace the old one with.

And re-install in reverse order, I think that this might be a simple DIY alot of people car relate to and take advandge of for the NOOBs out there.

FIN!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

one important thing you forgot to mention is when you remove the screw you have to slide the handle towards the front of the car so it can come off the door. this only applies to 4-doors as coupes don't have to slide it! good work!

mine broke too and paid $28 at the dealer for a new one, and they had my red maroon COUPE interior in stock! talk about lucky.
    1cor10:31
    - 92 LX coupe
    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
      one important thing you forgot to mention is when you remove the screw you have to slide the handle towards the front of the car so it can come off the door. this only applies to 4-doors as coupes don't have to slide it! good work!

mine broke too and paid $28 at the dealer for a new one, and they had my red maroon COUPE interior in stock! talk about lucky.
      Yeah no kidding, I know its a silly DIY but im sure there are some NOOBs that could take advantage of it!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121793

Comment

Working...
      X