INT: 92-96 Prelude seats into 9293 CB7 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: 92-96 Prelude seats into 9293 CB7 Coupe

Disclaimer: If you preform this modification, i am not liable for any screw ups. Your seat belt attaches to the seat and failure to secure the seat properly to the floor of the vehicle may result in failure of the restraint system in event of an accident. You wont have a good day.

Installing Prelude Buckets in a 9293 CB7 coupe- My Way.

Tools:
    17MM socket and maybe a breaker bar
    Tape measure or good ruler.
    Pencil and cardboard to mock up brackets.
    Welder (any kind youre comfortable with will do)
    Welding Mask and Gloves
    Safety Glasses
    Angle grinder
    Beer

Materials:
    4 Bolts with 2 washers on each, and a nut for each
    some cold hard steel to make brackets from.
    Spray paint if you want pretty brackets.

First of all note that i installed these seats n a 9293 coupe. I do not know how the 9091 SRS seat belts (which are dumb and i hate them) would affect this procedure.

When first attempting to put BB (prelude) seats in your CB7, you probably noticed that the seat rails on the BB seats are closer together, this stops you from bolting up 2 of the 4 bolts.

Your options are now:

A - make brackets to attach the prelude seats to the prelude sliders or, alternately

B - Make Brackets to attach the whole prelude seats, sliders and all, to the mounting holes which already exist on your CB7. This is the way I chose because it keeps both sets of seats intact and you can swap back in the future.

I chose to secure the two inner (closest to the center console/ shifter) bolts on either seat to the body of the vehicle. This meant I had to make the brackets i mentioned earlier to attach the prelude sliders to the mounting holes closest to the outside (near the doors).

When fabricating your brackets be sure to use heavy enough steel, i used 1/8 inch bar stock mild steel and a Lincoln AC-220 MGAW welder, i feel pretty secure. Also make sure to use loc-tite on all bolts you use.

It is a good idea to round off any corners on the brackets. Sharp corners will act as can openers in the event of a crash.

Here is a diagram showing the brackets and their locations on either seat.

The the distance between each hole in bracket "B" is approximately 1.75", measured center to center. It may be wise to drill one of the holes ovalized to allow room for error.

Remember that you will need to make two sets of brackets and bracket "A" for either side will be a mirror image of the other.

Here is a picture of both brackets side by side:

Here is a picture of bracket "B" installed:

Clearance between the door and the drivers seat:

Clearance between the center console and the drivers seat:

My Results:

I am very happy with these seats. By retaining the prelude sliders i have the full range of adjustment in the seats.

Feel free to comment or make suggestions, or do a write up using the slider transplant method.

You should make and sell these
    NEW PSN
    H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
    RIP

Comment

Looks good. I though they bolted right in but I guess not, good write up. Any more pics?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
      "The Turtle"
      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
        You should make and sell these
        If there is significant interest in it, I could work something out with a powdercoater and make it happen. PM me.

Comment

can someone make this a sticky

i need to find me some seats now!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

how did you bolt the prelude seat to the piece of steel you made since you didnt drill into the cb shell? can you explain? i cannot see how this would work on the front mount(b) without interference of the foot well on the cb since the mount you made is sandwiched in between the seat and the foot well

EDIT: im not trying to be an ass just asking cuz i want to know for future reference
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick View Post
              how did you bolt the prelude seat to the piece of steel you made since you didnt drill into the cb shell? can you explain? i cannot see how this would work on the front mount(b) without interference of the foot well on the cb since the mount you made is sandwiched in between the seat and the foot well

EDIT: im not trying to be an ass just asking cuz i want to know for future reference
              dont worry about it slick, now that i think of it, unless you check out the part where the bracket goes you cant see where it very well in the picture

The bolt on the right (in the picture) bolts right into the stock location, the head of the bolt on the left is in a large recessed area, its the drivers side outer front mount if you want to check it out for comparison.

pic so you dont have to scroll back up:

hope that helps

Comment

the head of the bolt on the left is in a large recessed area, its the drivers side outer front mount
                ok i see now. was it hard to get it in there? and any pics of it?
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

you can easily get at it with an open end of a box wrench and tighten it from the front with a socket, i guess if you wanted you could tack weld the nut to the back

Comment

did they ever make the prelude seats in the same color as the tan interior as that found in the cb

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Nice work Zach^Fabric, not sure, I'm thinking no, but I do know that the 95 SE came w/ tan leather interior, I forget which ext. color though. 95 SE's came in red and silver, that may be it.

Comment

They sure did! They look alright too. Not as good as the darker colour though. But they match the tan spot on.

lucid's set

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

^Nice, they did have tan cloth too, looks really good

Comment

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                            If there is significant interest in it, I could work something out with a powdercoater and make it happen. PM me.
                            How much?
                            2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                            2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                            CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                            GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Do you have any working pictures? I'm trying to install these seats in my car today

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...13#post2872413

Comment

Working...
                              X