• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scudweiser
    replied
    Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
    You should make and sell these
    If there is significant interest in it, I could work something out with a powdercoater and make it happen. PM me.

Leave a comment:

• 93F22A6
    replied
    Looks good. I though they bolted right in but I guess not, good write up. Any more pics?

Leave a comment:

• H22WAGON93
    replied
    You should make and sell these

Leave a comment:

• scudweiser
    started a topic INT: 92-96 Prelude seats into 9293 CB7 Coupe

INT: 92-96 Prelude seats into 9293 CB7 Coupe

Disclaimer: If you preform this modification, i am not liable for any screw ups. Your seat belt attaches to the seat and failure to secure the seat properly to the floor of the vehicle may result in failure of the restraint system in event of an accident. You wont have a good day.

Installing Prelude Buckets in a 9293 CB7 coupe- My Way.

Tools:
    17MM socket and maybe a breaker bar
    Tape measure or good ruler.
    Pencil and cardboard to mock up brackets.
    Welder (any kind youre comfortable with will do)
    Welding Mask and Gloves
    Safety Glasses
    Angle grinder
    Beer

Materials:
    4 Bolts with 2 washers on each, and a nut for each
    some cold hard steel to make brackets from.
    Spray paint if you want pretty brackets.

First of all note that i installed these seats n a 9293 coupe. I do not know how the 9091 SRS seat belts (which are dumb and i hate them) would affect this procedure.

When first attempting to put BB (prelude) seats in your CB7, you probably noticed that the seat rails on the BB seats are closer together, this stops you from bolting up 2 of the 4 bolts.

Your options are now:

A - make brackets to attach the prelude seats to the prelude sliders or, alternately

B - Make Brackets to attach the whole prelude seats, sliders and all, to the mounting holes which already exist on your CB7. This is the way I chose because it keeps both sets of seats intact and you can swap back in the future.

I chose to secure the two inner (closest to the center console/ shifter) bolts on either seat to the body of the vehicle. This meant I had to make the brackets i mentioned earlier to attach the prelude sliders to the mounting holes closest to the outside (near the doors).

When fabricating your brackets be sure to use heavy enough steel, i used 1/8 inch bar stock mild steel and a Lincoln AC-220 MGAW welder, i feel pretty secure. Also make sure to use loc-tite on all bolts you use.

It is a good idea to round off any corners on the brackets. Sharp corners will act as can openers in the event of a crash.

Here is a diagram showing the brackets and their locations on either seat.

The the distance between each hole in bracket "B" is approximately 1.75", measured center to center. It may be wise to drill one of the holes ovalized to allow room for error.

Remember that you will need to make two sets of brackets and bracket "A" for either side will be a mirror image of the other.

Here is a picture of both brackets side by side:

Here is a picture of bracket "B" installed:

Clearance between the door and the drivers seat:

Clearance between the center console and the drivers seat:

My Results:

I am very happy with these seats. By retaining the prelude sliders i have the full range of adjustment in the seats.

Feel free to comment or make suggestions, or do a write up using the slider transplant method.
Working...
X