INT: Repair Speaker Mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Repair Speaker Mesh

Alright, easy DYI but repairing this easily damaged mesh on your speaker will make it look mint.

Tools:
    Phillips Screwdriver
    Some kind of Spray Adhesive (I used Elmers, very good)

EST Time: 20 mins per door

1. Pull off the door panel.
    2. Remove the speaker cover (2 screws on top of cover and 2 on the side)
    3. Remove the speaker mesh from the cover. It should come off fairly easy.

4. Spray the cover (NOT THE MESH) all over with the adhesive (especially sides of it)

5. Adhere mesh to the cover. Do this as quickly as possible so you have the most time to reposition the mesh until it is well fitted.
    6. Take the adhesive and spray inside the cover and take outside fringes of the mesh and stick it to it.

7. Put everything back together.

Its my first DYI so lemme know how it was Thanks and good luck.

Looks good. You're a regular Martha Stewart/Christopher Lowell/Carol Duvall all rolled into one.

I need to re-adhere my right speaker mesh, as its sagging at the top from careless passengers kicking it.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
      Looks good. You're a regular Martha Stewart/Christopher Lowell/Carol Duvall all rolled into one.

I need to re-adhere my right speaker mesh, as its sagging at the top from careless passengers kicking it.

Thanks.

Comment

Yea I noticed my driver side mesh is coming apart....I always retuck it though

Decent write up, but a b4 and after pic would be good too .
        No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Originally posted by VRDrvr
          Yea I noticed my driver side mesh is coming apart....I always retuck it though

Decent write up, but a b4 and after pic would be good too .
          Haha!

Before: Fucked up mesh
          After: Back to the way it used to look

Comment

BTW, you don't have to pull the door panel to get that grille off.

Comment

Originally posted by NutBucket
              BTW, you don't have to pull the door panel to get that grille off.
              To get those 4 screws off? They are behind the door panel. How did you pull that off.

Comment

The grilles come off the door panel seperately. There's a screw on the bottom corner and top corner (on the sides). Take out those two and pop the clips and it comes right off.

Comment

Working...
                X