X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiptech
    replied
    Originally posted by Nurega View Post
    I never knew there was an OEM map light. This came on DX, LX, and 10AN models?
    FYI - Anyone looking to do this mod

The same map light assembly was also available on the 97-01 CR-V though I am not certain if the 2 mounting screw holes locations were exactly the same.

My guess it is since it would be less expensive than making another part that looked the same but was only slightly different. But of course this is Honda so you never know...

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    Fixed it. double sided tape wasnt enough to hold it on there. I used the washer the same way as before but I put the screw through the wood locked it up with a nut on the end of it, then drilled into the wood using the 2 holes on the legend map light. looks way better and doesn't move around when I push the buttons. Sweet on a side note do I have that oval cut out piece of sheet metal up there because I have an EX (sunroof) ?

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    You can use wood for mounts. I drilled and tapped wood then attached them to the roof with double sided foam tape.

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    ghetto, white trash, or other?

hookup wire

the only place to mount this is here

for my mounting 2 washers 1 bolt and 1 nut

you can see i ground down the sides of the top washer

fit the top washer inside then turn it

wrap some wire around the bolt and sandwich it between the two washers tighten up the nut. feed the wires through the bolt holes and twist them together until map light sits as flush as possible

clip the wires and pop in cover

mines a little ehh but all in all im happy. let me know what you think

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    AWSOME!! thank you. im making a harness now then ill cut the hole tommorrow when i have light out. reps

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    Your dome omly has two wires because it grounds on the mounting nut.

Wire the wht/blu and red to the wht/blu like you have
    Wire the blu/wht like you have it
    Wire the black straight to ground not the black/wht door wire

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    my cb7 dome only has 2 wires on the connector... im confused again.

wired up like this the center dome will turn on. and the switches work. but only when a door is open.

what should i hook up the white/blue wire to get power from? since i think thats my problem. in the picture its together with the red wire and i just stuck them into the contacts on the clip. i didnt want to cut any wires yet.
    Last edited by Quashish; 06-13-2012, 08:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redlined302
    replied
    Reps given for a good write up

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    The outer spot lights red and black wires to 12v and ground. Polarity doesn't really matter, but Honda puts the ground through the switches.

The center light is the rear dome light, the wht/blu is 12v power.
    Blu/wht goes to the front dome light after the switch, this is so it works with the regular dome switch This has to be soldered in on the accord like in this picture:

The front legend dome light wires as follow
    wht/blu 12v
    blk ground
    wht/black door trigger
    blu/wht output after switch to rear dome light

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    Changed my mind. Im going to use the rear dome light from a legend instead of the front.

The wiring is a little different. Black negative, red positive, that way you can work the side map lights.

Then the other two don't seem to have a specific polarity. As long as they are connected in a way that completes the circuit the center dome turns on. So... What should I do with those two so that the center comes on with my doors open?

Leave a comment:

• Quashish
    replied
    legend 4 wire map light

so i read on another thread to cap the blue wire its like a constant power. then the black and silver wire is negative. the white blue stripe wire is positive. and everything works. then.. the legend already has on with doors open mode right? cuz it has a 3 way switch. so when i have swith in the middle and then touch the white black stripe wire to the negative the center lighs light up. so how do i connect that one to the door sensor or something to go on when any of my 4 doors open?

Leave a comment:

• Hostile
    replied
    Bump. Going to do this soon.

Leave a comment:

• Cb_JoeyG
    replied
    is there a way to get the maplight to install w/o that bracket? it probably wont just sit inside the hole you cut huh? i wish i woulda grabbed that damn bracket at the jy

Leave a comment:

• rocketman_471
    replied
    Any pics on the wiring for both making the lights come on when the doors open and just straight wiring to the dome light?

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    pictures are back up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X