INT: 9293 Center Console Armrest Install *56K DIEE!!!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimy View Post
    How come your not wearing safty glasses. If that disk breaks off, your in deep shit.
    oh yeah, i know, i forgot my safety's at home, i was at my friends house :<

but i took precautions when it got deeper and the blade got more worn, i put cardboard in between my face and the blade, closed my eyes, and tucked my head. lol, i was pretty scared already, cuz i hate using power tools. i wont even use a drill to make holes in my bumper, i use a self-tapping screw + scissors all day, lol!

so yup, i hear ya, and i did my best to keep something in between my eyes (the rest of my face can get sparked, but most importantly i want to still be able to see after all is done) and the blade and stuff

thanks for the concern though! good lookin out. appreciate it i changed my sig to let everyone know to be aware of danger!!! and to always wear glasses.
    Last edited by P5ylance; 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
      i whant one haha but cant find one anywere haha its bs
      haha yeah, they are pretty hard to come by... and when you do, its at least 60+$. i got mine shipped $70, if i remember correctly! and it was grey, so i had to buy extra stuff to change it to black! if you want my exact steps i took to turn it black and get the OEM dull look, i am willing to share that information with you

very fun upgrade :] it feels cool to have a compartment. haha

WEAR SAFETY GLASSES. DO IT.

Comment

This DIY works. good write up!

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
          haha yyepp, howd it turn out? you try yet?
          nope, havent had time yet...

Comment

They have some that have a flange on one side that will allow it to surface mount. If you can't find something like that you could adapt a threaded insert to a washer with a tack weld or J-B weld to give yourself a flange.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

oh wow, I didn't know about threaded inserts thanks! this is good info for anyone else who comes to use this DIY

Comment

reps given for a good thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

What is the thread pitch and size for the insert or nut that is required for this DIY?

MRT

Comment

gah, sorry I can't provide accurate information there i had a variety pack of nuts, so i just picked what fit and forgot the number. you'll be using your OEM bolt though, so you could take that bolt to a home improvement store and test it out on their nuts-and-bolts testfit thing. sorryyyyy!!

Comment

Yeah, i went and got 2 nuts and washers and forgot to get the thread pitch and size to help your thread either.

MRT

Comment

lolols, oh well another time.

your new sig is amazing! btw

Comment

Very well done, and comprehensive DIY. Great Pics.

If I could offer a suggestion, from another DIY thread maker/user?

As you learn things you didn't, when you made the DIY; go back and edit the actual DIY post to include that info. That way when a member is sitting with his laptop on the drivers seat, and a wrench in the other hand, he doesn't have to go through every page to "know what he needs to know."

If I could rep you for this, I would. (But it says I have repped you recently)
                          Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                            lolols, oh well another time.

your new sig is amazing! btw
                            My new sig was an actual blurry photo and i shrunk it down so it looked like it wasnt blurry, haha.

I cut off the lumbar adjustment on the driver seat.
                            My e-brake isn't dead perfect in the middle, and i think i made the cable too tight. If it is too tight, wouldn't that mean the rear brakes are always engaged? LOL

MRT

Comment

Working...
                            X