INT: Fitting RSX seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Fitting RSX seats

Before i begin id like to say that all credits go to excaliur02 aka Maury.

This diy is for Acura RSX seats only, will not take responsibilities if you hack your seats up, this diy is pretty

easy if you have the tools and basic knowledge.

Lets begin...assuming you already know how to remove your stock seats and rug

TOOLS:
    screw drivers
    hammer
    chisel
    air chisel (optional)
    sockets 12, 14
    grinder + cutting wheel and grinding wheel
    welder (i used a lincoln 125)
    dremel (optional but huge help)

First step: Start taking the cushions off the rsx seat (sorry but no pictures of this process, fairly straight
    foward, take plenty pictures to refresh your memory later) start with plastics on the side and seat belt buckle and
    go from there. Once done you should be left with this...

*SIDENOTE* keep you stock cb seat belt buckle, you will need to exchange it with the rsx one

Step two: Removing the mounting points of the bracket, start by using the cutting wheel on the grinder to cut 2 rivets and a spot weld on EACH of the mounting points. This is where the dremel comes in handy, the grinder is a
    little too big and you may do more damage on the mounts like that... So, a dremel with its one inch cutting wheel will make work easier BUT you will go through a few discs pretty fast. After rivets are cut off you have a spot weld that can be cut or grinded off from the side

Once rivets and weld are cut off simply grab your chisel or large flat head and hammer it between the mount and rail to seperate them like so...

Step three: fiting rails and mounting points, once all 4 mounting points are removed from the rails bolt them on to the car (make sure you have them lined upright and as straight and possible) next you get your rails and make sure that both sides of each rail is lined up with the other...

EXAMPLE, the green dots represent even rails and the red line represents uneven rails

If your tall you may want to mount them as far back as you can so that you may be able to stretch and what not, once desired position is aquired simply tac weld them, then take them out and properly weld them all the way around (or witchever weld method you choose)

OPTIONAL, after the welds cool off you may want to clean up yours welds with grinder and touch it up with some paint....any paint should be fine, this is just so that it looks cleaner

Step four: Put everything back the way you got it and your done....
    congratulation
    This should be your end result

Here is a little comparison
    STOCK

modified

...and how mine came out, fully adjustable, moves front and back, reclines and i can even adjust the height

Thanxs for stopping by, hope this help you guys. If you have any questions just ask....now if you dont mind im going to bed

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

That's what's up! LoL

I'm glad you were able to figure out and do the seat brackets.

Big thumbs up for the credit on the diy!

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
      That's what's up! LoL

I'm glad you were able to figure out and do the seat brackets.

Big thumbs up for the credit on the diy!
      at first i was clueless about the whole process but the second time u explained it i got the idea and i must say its WAY better than cutting ur stock cb rails to weld them on the rsx rails

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Damn that interior is so nice! leather!

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Side airbags?

How do you adust height, manually or electric?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Pretty sharp. You handled the seat bracket differences very cleanly.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
              at first i was clueless about the whole process but the second time u explained it i got the idea and i must say its WAY better than cutting ur stock cb rails to weld them on the rsx rails
              Yeah, I was spectacle at first too but once I did one the other was cake!

When my webpage with pictures works again I will upload mine so people can see what they look like in a sedan.

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
              Side airbags?

How do you adust height, manually or electric?
              Yeah RSX seats came with side airbags. Unfortunately the set on my car and the set Jaber has (was mine also) didnt come with airbags.

Height adjustment is with the round dial (manual) only on the driver seat. Look at the pictures.

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
              Pretty sharp. You handled the seat bracket differences very cleanly.
              When I took the pictures I had to take it clear enough so people can see the difference stock and modified.

Comment

Heymaury, i got an idea......do you think the top part of the seats can be swapped? the driver to pass side? that way the side air bag would be on the insde (ebrake side) rather then ourside? we dont have air bags so its not gonna help anyways
                Last edited by JaberCB7; 09-16-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

x2
                  Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

god i love leather...

Comment

Heymaury, i got an idea......do you think the top part of the seats can be swapped? the driver to pass side? that way the side air bag would be on the insde (ebrake side) rather then ourside? we dont have air bags so its not gonna help anyways
                      Thought of that before lol. Can't, the driver side has the hole for the lumbar support.

Comment

....shit either way, is there a cover we can buy for that or is the cover part of the airbag?

Comment

....shit either way, is there a cover we can buy for that or is the cover part of the airbag?
                          its part of the airbag you would have to buy 2 new side airbags
                          Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

looks good man . a friend of mine has got them seats in this 93 mustang gt . its nice to be a welder.....

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomcb7 View Post
                              its part of the airbag you would have to buy 2 new side airbags
                              thanks for being bearer of bad news

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
                              looks good man . a friend of mine has got them seats in this 93 mustang gt . its nice to be a welder.....
                              im not a welder but i welded the shiet out of those brackets. But seriously with just basic knowledge you can do this mod, this was my first time trying anything like this and look how it came out......just hope seats dont break off while driving lol

Comment

Working...
                              X