• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those black leather look niiiiiceeee..
    AT WEST COAST MEET

cb7rush: who has the tongs?
    JDMxDB8: i got a thong on...

to get to see more of my cb click the link below.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130922

Comment

Just some notes to add

It IS possible to remove the brackets w/o having to disassemble the seats. I left all the cushions on there and just set the entire seat on its side resting on a towel on a sturdy folding table and went to town w/ my dremel's reinforced cut-off wheel, chisel, drill bits and reciprocating saw to cut through the spot welds.

It was a bitch, but I got it done in I think 4 hrs for both? lol, lotta drilling involved. Had to eat lunch and take a break from time to time b/c my hands got sore. Having the proper tools is key, which I didn't, so I had to make use of what I had.

But all I did was get the rails nice and clean afterward by using the grinding stone on my dremel so my welder would have a nice surface to weld to.

He got it welded up in about an hour or so, cost me $150 for both but he was the cheapest....welders, especially custom work like this costs money if you don't know anyone personally.

Oh and I ended up selling one of the seat buckles and recouped 35 bucks of my money, so they really cost me only 145.

Good Luck!

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

wow, i'm jealous. Looks great and i'm sure your a$$ is smiling too
        Last edited by Raf99; 12-28-2010, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I tried to remove just the bottom rails however its part of the bottom seat. There could be a way but I spent about half an hour trying to figure it out and I couldnt.

Comment

I sold my 2004 RSX seats for the newer and 100x more comfortable 2006 RSX seats.

IMO I would never put 04 seats in again lol

pics of side by side comparison

Comment

Anyone tried this with auto seatbelts

Comment

Originally posted by kman View Post
                Anyone tried this with auto seatbelts
                I doubt it. There is no room for the lap belt. That piece is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                  I doubt it. There is no room for the lap belt. That piece is huge.
                  Well if he has auto belts he also has a smaller center console, so maybe

Comment

Just picked up a set of 03 tan leathers today. Sucks that the leather is in pretty rough shape but the best part is I only paid 60 bucks for them. Jaber and 92smokeaccord are gonna help me install them next week. I'll just throw seat covers over them for now and reupholster them in due time most likely not leather though.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                      I sold my 2004 RSX seats for the newer and 100x more comfortable 2006 RSX seats.

IMO I would never put 04 seats in again lol

pics of side by side comparison

0o0o0o... they do look more comfy, the padding looks thicker

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I need a welder!! I got some RSX seats but can't fit them in properly, they still in there held by 3 bolts lol anyone in socal got a welder I can borrow?

Comment

Working...
                        X