• Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: 90-93 Integra shift knob/ boot.

This DIY is a fairly simple mod for those who want this:

What's needed:

Shift knob and boot from 1990 - 1993 Integra

Purpose:

Simply for looks but with the added acrylic print out of the shift points, it makes the interior stand out. (IMO)

Install time:

25 minutes at best

Directions: Do the procedure to remove your center console. After you remove your console remove the shift boot from the center console.

Now this is the comparison of both the Integra and Accord boots side by side:

Accord on left and Integra on right ( I just realized I didn't take pictures during the conversion). Unfortunately you won't be able to use the leather from the Integra on the Accord's plate.

-So you are just going to have to transfer the 'neck' of the Integra unto the Accord's boot.

-On the Accord boot where the base of the knob meets the 'neck' of the boot you will have to turn it inside out. Once you do you will see a rubber band that holds the plastic neck on the boot.

-Remove that and you should see a zip tie that holds this together. Cut it.

-Now on the Integra side there's a hard plastic ring on the neck of that boot, it's held there by a tight rubber band. Remove the rubber band (without cutting it!) and slide the ring out.

Now the easy part is done.

-To install the ring on the Accord boot, take the ends of the boot (at the top) and fold them inwards. Slide the ring inside the part you just folded.

-Slide the boot inside out, once it's done take the rubber band and put on the ring so it holds it in place. It may take a few minutes for the leather to conform to the shape of the ring.

-Reinstall the Accord boot over the base plate and then re-install the center console.

Back story on this mod: One of my friends on this board has a fairly rare Legend shift knob in his CB, so by chance I was at the yard last week and came across this Integra knob and shift boot and decided to install them in my car.

It feels taller than the stock CB knob but you get used to it after awhile.
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Wish I saw this earlier today, because I'd have grabbed it from a Teg at the yard.

I like this. Definetly going to do this.

Add this to 1 more compatible part to the ongoing list.

Thanks for this DIY.

Comment

I felt that knob b4. And I must say, the eg knob is the best for my fat hands.

But coolio diy for ppl who may b interested like that guy ^
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Anytime guys

@ F20A: I might snag a DC chassis shift knob (GSR specific) just because I like the pistol grip look. But yeah I like the acrylic on the shift knob as well. I accidentally cracked it thinking that it was replaceable.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
        X