INT: Handbrake boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Handbrake boot

As you all know, our cars do not come with a nice handbrake boot or cover. Just the plain plastic handle.

Since I have recently completed an interior swap, but still retained my original maroon handbrake, I didn't want to remove it to paint it, so I got creative with an aftermarket handle cover and a boot.

While you can still see the original color on the bottom of the handle where the handle cover doesn't reach, you rarely see it, so it's no big deal to me.

I had also used an aftermarket shift boot modified to fit the handbrake, until I came across a 92-95 Prelude at the yard and discovered the handbrake boot fits perfectly over the CB's handle. There is no modification at all required to install this. Pull the Lude boot off, and slip it over your handle and pull it tight enough so it wraps over the edges and holds itself in place. Done as dinner.

Look at how nice this looks now, and how it complements the interior. This is a perfect mod for those who have aftermarket boots for your manual and auto shifters. I have only seen a couple guys on here with hand brake boots and they have all been aftermarket, so I figured I'd put this up to give some of you guys a new idea for your interior.

Wow, that is a really gorgeous emergency break! Mind if you tell me how exactly you did that? Really nice interior set up!

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
    Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
    RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
    "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
    "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote

Comment

Like the post says, it slips on. The handle cover is attached with 3M tape.

Comment

nice mod. but this boot was only in the 94-96 preludes. 92-95 preludes had the solid handle

Comment

Vigor ones fit too!

Excellent mod mikey! Im diggin the handbrake!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

reps for attention to detail and a good write up with inspiration to do this little mod with a HUGE improvement

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189897 MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...09#post3003309 EF hatch build

Comment

Can the whole handle be swapped over from the prelude?

But nice idea, I like it!

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
              Originally posted by keepinitclean
              I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
                Can the whole handle be swapped over from the prelude?

But nice idea, I like it!
                Here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=prelude

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
                  nice mod. but this boot was only in the 94-96 preludes. 92-95 preludes had the solid handle
                  Thanks for clearing this up. I'm not familiar with Preludes, so I had only assumed it would be the same for all years.

The Vigor boot looks the same as the Prelude one too.

Comment

i wasnt sure myself as i have never seen bb4s in person with this style handbrake. i had to browse through parts catalogs to see for myself.

ill def. be doing this in the near future. thats also why i was browsing through parts; to see how much they go for brand new.
                    Last edited by PhatAccord; 03-01-2012, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks I have no idea y the FuK I didn't think of this. I love cb7tuner.

Do u kno if a cb boot will work? Y not
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

What about a CB boot?

Comment

Will a cb7 shift boot work with the ebrake like u have yours.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I highly doubt it. I used an aftermarket shift boot at first when I did this hand brake mod and it barely fit. I had to cut it open.

Comment

Working...
                            X