INT: swap cb rails onto bb6 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: swap cb rails onto bb6 seats

On this swap I unbolted the 4 14 mm bolts on the left side of the Accord seats, the 2 14 mm bolts on the right side of the sear as well as the 12 mm bolt. For the prelude bolts its 2 12 mm bolts on the seat pan and 2 14 mm bolts onthe back for the left side, the right side is 3 12 mm bolts.
    As long as your careful the Prelude seat unzips and pulls apart nicely, you only have too stretch the Accord seat slightly too get too the upper bolts.

All I needed for tools for this job were a 3/8 ratchet, short extension, 14 mm socket, 12 mm socket, a Phillips, a couple of flat heads and a drill. The bottom of the Prelude seat simply bolted too the Accord rails with the 12 mm prelude bolts and plastic washers. The right side of the back also bolted up with the Accord bolts and washers. The left side required measuring and drilling then bolting up with the 14 mm bolts. If you've never drilled metal make sure too start with a smaller bit and step your way up. Do not try too just drill through with your final size it will only burn your bits out. There's only one place too make a mistake and that is when its time too measure double check your double check.

After reassemble all four original bolt holes still line up. Start with the right rear bolt then go too front left bolt then right front bolt. finish with the left rear bolt. this takes a 14 mm socket 3/8 ratchet and small extension. (trim was not reassembled too make it easier too take pictures)
    Last edited by Jarrett; 05-05-2014, 03:09 PM.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

The Prelude seat still weighs less even with the Accord frame bolted too it.
    CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Dope tho will look doper in Leather
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I going to do a write up for the BB4 seats. Where did you put the plastic washers and why did you choose plastic over metal?

On the BB4 seats, it takes a considerable amount of spacing to get the holes to line up. How many washers did you use for the BB6 seats?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          I going to do a write up for the BB4 seats. Where did you put the plastic washers and why did you choose plastic over metal?

On the BB4 seats, it takes a considerable amount of spacing to get the holes to line up. How many washers did you use for the BB6 seats?
          On the bb6 seats the driver pan holes line up true without need of other spacers. I used the plastic washers on the outside of the frame on the backside of the bolt. (the normal location for washers) The cb bolts are too large too bolt into the bb6 pan on the drivers side.(washers are attached) On the passenger side the bolts on the pan are the same size but the holes for the pan will need to be widened on the frame. (this shouldn't be a problem if your willing too relocate the bolt holes for the seat back)
          This is only theory but it appears as if you could use the driver pan on both sides, this would eliminate the extra drilling and add a adjustable seat for your passenger.
          Last edited by cb9love; 05-07-2014, 09:19 AM. Reason: theory
          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
          X