Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zedjr10
    replied
    all done for 3 green lights. Alot of work for 3 lights. Here are some tips i have for anyone in future.
    1. Get some steel wool and clean those contacts out well.
    2. DOn't forget on auto switch there is this little tiny notched piece of plastic on side of switch that does ur auto down. There is only one. Not on both sides. Make sure you align it right so it activates ur auto down.
    3. For auto switch drill in center of switch as it won't shine up on that reflector right.
    4. For drivers side passenger switch drill hole far enough from where u can to pull it through so you can bend that led enough.
    Good luck

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    replied
    i just used twist ties and no glue. Everything is good now. Now on to drivers side. I would recommend anyone else in future to not use glue. Or use twist ties to get it secure and a dab of glue to keep it secure.

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    replied
    ok i am in the process of doing this now on passengers side but every time after glue dries the led don't work no more. I am thinking i am putting too much glue and it is creeping down into rocker switches and shorting out. I am using gorillas flex glue made for plastics. This is twice so far. I can't imagine the glue sitting overnight is causing the led not to work as i test it throughout before i am ready to put in. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    replied
    Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    Donít bother with 91-95 legend lighted switches. They donít fit or match up in any way.
    ok good to know.

Leave a comment:

• NH-503P-3
    replied
    Don’t bother with 91-95 legend lighted switches. They don’t fit or match up in any way.

Leave a comment:

• zedjr10
    replied
    so 99-01 crv would work. Does anyone know what other models would work on 92 coupe.

Leave a comment:

• excalibur02
    replied
    Reloaded the pics for lucifer1 since photobucket is blocking 3rd party hosting.

Leave a comment:

• jdm_inspired
    replied
    You're awesome bro! Definitely will be doing this in the near future.

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    The lighted switches have an extra separate two pin connecter for the lighting. This connector has the standard red/blk and red backlighting wires in it.

Leave a comment:

• lindiz
    replied
    Great thread, really interesting. So only certain models have the "AUTO" letters on drivers switch illuminated? Is there a way to tell if it lights up by just looking at it on pics uninstalled?

Leave a comment:

• cp[mike]
    replied
    in case the LED wiring is unclear to anybody:

Each LED should be wired to the 12-volt "illumination" power source, by way of its own resistor. A resistor reduces the power leading to the LED to a range it can handle, so it doesn't burn out.

These tiny 3mm LEDs tend to require a voltage range around 2-3 volts, but as a general ballpark, usually a 560 Ohm resistor would work fine. 560-ohm resistors come in various sizes/wattages. In this case, a 1/4-watt resistor would be fine. The resistor can be connected to either pin of the LED, inline between the LED and the power source. Here's a wiring diagram as an example:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1badacc
    replied
    TTT great mod!

Leave a comment:

• DAKOTADEMON7
    replied
    Very cool..Rep given.

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    This looks a lot easier, and with a better final product, than my Legend window switches. Good job!
    Yes, much easier. I wanted to do this before I did the legend ones but did not want to pay ebay prices to try.

Originally posted by c91bse7
    What year was the crv these came from?
    1st gen cr-v later years 99-01

Originally posted by ambientwater
    anything different on a coupe? I assume everything would still fit the same correct? Awesome DIY though
    I don't know. If they are sourced from different manufacturers then maybe not. I know 7 gen civic coupe actuators are different from the 4 doors, rsx is same as coupe but 2nd gen cr-v use the same as 4 door civic.

Leave a comment:

• ambientwater
    replied
    anything different on a coupe? I assume everything would still fit the same correct? Awesome DIY though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X