No announcement yet.

INT: Short Throw Shifter by BustedLX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a peice of foam tape, It's the stuff they use to wrap the low pressure line of your homes A/C. I had a peice lieing around but you could get it from the hardware store.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i finished this mod , took my car for a spin and WOW, HOLY BEJEEBUS what a difference. It feels so tight, such a short throw. I do still have one minor problem, when i shift into first gear , something hits the metal case that holds the shift boot in place. if take the metal case out, it shifts fine. what could be hitting it? and its ONLY first gear , every other gear has no problems.

thanks to BustedLX and Blamethepunx, if it wasnt for u guys i woudnt of done this mod!

good stuff, both of u rule.
      Last edited by growguy; 01-24-2004, 10:15 PM.
      1991 JDM Galant VR-4

Comment

wherizit?

i cant seem to find the full diy, got a link for it?
        -pax217
        Seattle, WA

Comment

That's about as much of a DIY as you need. Personally I don't see it as being simpler, unless we did it for you.

Comment

made my lever shorter today. works good and looks alot nicer. cuts about an inch off the height and it leans towards the driverside and back. it suck you can only use three bolts thought to hold it down to the plate.
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

i think if you use a shorter bolt, you might be able to get that 4th one in there. i just never tried cuz 3 seems to be holding it in fine
              MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
              i pulled over and looked under the hood.
              the engine was still there...
              ...silly light!

Comment

yea i tried turning the bolt upside down but it still hit. you probably need a bolt with a flat head
                cb7 sold

Comment

I cant find these "Stanley brackets" anywhere. I went to homedepot and all i saw were door hinges and shelf brackets. Is it in the same area. Or if it came in a package or something that has a product code i can track it down with over the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                    I cant find these "Stanley brackets" anywhere. I went to homedepot and all i saw were door hinges and shelf brackets. Is it in the same area. Or if it came in a package or something that has a product code i can track it down with over the internet?
                    I picked my stuff up from Home Depot as well. Found them in the same aisle as the door hinges...right at the beginning of the aisle about 3 feet off the floor. Mine were in a clear package with a yellow "banner" on the front.

EDIT: This is what you're looking for: http://www.stanleyhardware.com/defau...+Mending+Plate
                    Last edited by WeDgE; 01-27-2004, 02:45 AM.

Comment

finally, a successful DIY that i accomplished
                      thanx to BustedLX; the shifter works well, but i had to take the metal trim that holds the boot in place coz it would hit against it..other than that, best DIY so far.
                      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

question about blamethepunx's shortened shifter... ever since it was posted ive been thinking about it... remounting the shifter underneath doenst affect the throw of the shifter whatsoever. same hinge point, and the shifter is still the same length, so the overall throw is the same. so if u skip jose's homedepot braket DIY and leave the cable attached to the original point, its gonna feel the same as stock, just lower down. i would think that only jose's way would actually affect the throw (which its proven to). am i correct in my thinking?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yea blamthepunks diy is just to make the lever look shorter
                          cb7 sold

Comment

Originally posted by WeDgE
                            I picked my stuff up from Home Depot as well. Found them in the same aisle as the door hinges...right at the beginning of the aisle about 3 feet off the floor. Mine were in a clear package with a yellow "banner" on the front.

EDIT: This is what you're looking for: http://www.stanleyhardware.com/defau...+Mending+Plate
                            Thanks, but damnit today when i got in the car me heat would not turn on, so i cant defrost my windows and i cant see shit out the windows. Plus my frost accumulates on the windsheild and there was nothing i could do about it except use my windsheild wiper fluid so i can see for 30 seconds. I had to turn my car back around because it was so damn bad. Im gonna have to get there another day. Thanks again.

Comment

thats awesom
                              R.I.P 1993 ACCORD LX ::::7-23-05::::

Comment

I just realized something!! I aint bend nothin. I dont understand that part, you mean the part the cable passes through (the hole)? bend it foward?

Comment

Working...
                                X