INT: installing oil pressure gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: installing oil pressure gauge

buy gauge, if gauge doesnt come with hardware then buy the oil pressure tubing kit for it, comes with tubing, and 2 brass fittings. also get a nipple/Tee fitting, this is neccessary if u plan to keep your oil pressure sensor.

remove oil filter
    remove oil sensor from motor.
    attach Tee fitting to nipple.
    install other end of nipple into spot where the oil sensor was.
    make sure its nice and snug but dont over tighten.
    place oil sensor on other end of Tee fitting, tighten. place tube that was attached to oil sensor back on it.
    take one of the brass fittings that came with the tubing kit on the last spot of the Tee fitting that is left.
    connect tubing that came with kit into the brass fitting.
    once everything is ran properly o that in, find a good location to run the tubing (oil pressure gauge tubing) thru the firewall to inside the car, but MAKE SURE, u dont break or crease the tubing (the tubing will carry oil to the gauge to show the pressure, so any tears or crease in the tubing might affect the reading or cause leaks).
    i ran mines thru the whole where the cruise control line was, i nolonger have cruise control so it was easy to do.
    once u run the tubing, run it to the location u plan to install the gauge at. use the other supplied brass fitting to run the tubing to the back of the gauge.
    once done start the car, the oil gauge should move and the tubing that is connected to the back of it should fill with oil.
    check the back of the gauge to see if it leaks, if so, clean area and turn car off and tighten till leak stops
    start car again to check, if know leaks, stop cat and go back under to check for leaks around the sensor, tee fitting, brass fitting and the nipple to motor conection. if any leaks tighten til stop (also dont forget to re-install oil fiter, forgot to mention that....lol)
    start car once again, let run for a minute and stop, re-check under car for leaks, if not any, u r done

now all u must do is mount gauge, and thats all up to u.

hope this helps
    NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

I'd like to add that if you plan to run the car at a track and have a mechanical oil pressure gauge then you will need to have the oil supply for the gauge running threw a steel braided line such as a 3an line. The track will not let you run with the plastic line as it's a liability.
    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I think you're better off using a dual sender, has a hookup for a dummy light and a guage (electric).

Comment

helpful,but i like pics. Where did you get the T fitting?
        "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

nice write up but makes it more clear step by step with pics...im waiting to do this but i need pics

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
          disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenaccord
            X2

Comment

endyn ftw!

http://theoldone.com/articles/oilpressure/
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

interesting, i want to see the damage done.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

tunertoys.com has a fitting that isn't as long as the T fitting would be.

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

x3.
                    OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                      I'd like to add that if you plan to run the car at a track and have a mechanical oil pressure gauge then you will need to have the oil supply for the gauge running threw a steel braided line such as a 3an line. The track will not let you run with the plastic line as it's a liability.
                      What about the copper lines?

I would personally mount the T fitting on the firewall or something, then run a line to it.

I'm most interested in an electric one that will run a gauge and dummy light.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Ok, for real, is this really a problem?
                        idk but id def. go by endyn's word because they've been in the game for quite some time.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

So just the weight of a small brass "T" fitting can throw the balance of your motor off and cause problems?
                          its not going to throw the motor off but it may do some bad things to the T fitting like vibrate things loose.

and you definitely dont want oil leaking all over the place.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

sorry man, i cant give advice on something i read off the interweb...its just something i passed by and thought it would be helpful for this thread.

endyn's phone number is just a click away though!
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                            X