Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Shift boot and e-brake lever

Not exactly a DYI but something I did that others may like as well

Ive seen a bunch of people on here complaining that there shift boots are cracked and torn, I myself also had the same problem and every time I went to the junk yard all the other accord shift boots were also torn.

So here is what I did not unique or anything just thought it may help out some other people. I took a shift boot out of a 92-95 civic it fits in there nicely and retains the stock look unlike those crappy e-bay ones. Also if you want change out your e-brake lever, a 92-95 civic lever fits in as a direct replacement I swapped mine due to all the chrome was missing on the end and that the black civic one looks nice in its place.
    My OLD Members Ride Thread

both apply to my car. small tear in shift boot and most of the chrome on the end of the e-brake peeled off leaving a really nasty color. will definately look into this when i hit up the salvage yard. nice post!

Comment

oh ya one thing I forgot to mention is that the civic boot does not hook up exactly with the shift knob so I modified mine slightly and it still looks great. but you could just get a aftermarket on if you were so inclined.

Comment

got any pics of the new ebrake lever?
        My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

not yet i'll take some tonight and post them tommorow

Comment

Working...
          X