No announcement yet.

INT : Map light install EX and SE trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alrighty ill goto the junkyard sometime, i kinda like the map lights on the 98 integra that my and I girl have. so ill find one of them and try them out,ill post progress when i start! thanks 604 cb7! lata

Comment

I hope it works for ya man, like I said in the beginning of my post I did this on an ex so I had no clue whether it would work or not.But hopefully you have enough room up in there...good luck man

Comment

well, went to the junkyard this morning and found a set of tan maplights from a 96 accord so I got them to try in my cb9 wagon. Came home and followed joshs instructions and they worked out great...install was easy and my wag is an ex but there were no obstructions and everything went smoothly. However, when I went out this evening to go do some running I ran into a problem. This afternoon when I was testing them they turned on fine...this evening, with the doors CLOSED, they didn't come on. Doors open, they're fine, doors closed, they have no power. Anyone have any ideas on this?...The only variation I did from Joshs wiring was I spliced into the 2 wires coming off the domelight...white w/blue stripe and black...only thing I can think of is maybe one of the two should be grounded and not spliced in to ther other???

Either way, I didn't think I was going to find a set to match my interior so I also bought a grey set from a legend....They are a little deeper but while my set, like joshs, only has 2 maplights, this gray set has 2 maplights and a domelight inbetween. If anyone is interested in this lemme know and I'll give someone a deal on it...
        i roll my wagon slo, f22b style...

Comment

slowagon, you wired it up incorrectly. I would imagine there is a wire that sends 12+ to the dome light when a door is open (you used this) and another that is always 12+ so that you can manually turn on the dome light w/o opening a door. Go back and use that one.

I could be wrong about the wire that sends 12+ when a door is open; sometimes Honda designs things like that based on a ground cut instead of 12+ activation. But if you go back and find another wire that always gives 12+ then you're golden.

Edit: Something about slicing together two wires seems fishy. Run just two wires to the map light, not three-turned-into-two.
          Last edited by deckeda; 11-27-2005, 06:44 PM.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
            slowagon, you wired it up incorrectly. I would imagine there is a wire that sends 12+ to the dome light when a door is open (you used this) and another that is always 12+ so that you can manually turn on the dome light w/o opening a door. Go back and use that one.

I could be wrong about the wire that sends 12+ when a door is open; sometimes Honda designs things like that based on a ground cut instead of 12+ activation. But if you go back and find another wire that always gives 12+ then you're golden.

Edit: Something about slicing together two wires seems fishy. Run just two wires to the map light, not three-turned-into-two.

I'll have to check that out...I talked to a couple of other people who said the same thing so I need to check the wires....as for the 3 into 2, the maplights I used only had 2 wires and so does my domelight....same colors, too, so I just assumed plug and play....that's what I get for assuming, lol....

still have a grey maplight up for sale if anyones lookin'...
            i roll my wagon slo, f22b style...

Comment

Thats exactly what it sounds like, I wanted to try and make it so that they would also turn on when I opened the doors but would also work when the doors were closed.I think that it has to do with the switch on the domelight...My domelight only has two wires coming out of it also..at any rate I guess you cleared that up for us, so we know not to do that..Also very glad to hear that my instructions helped out...good luck man
              -josh

Comment

i think this is one of the better retrofit mods i've seen.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Originally posted by gutterslide
                  i think this is one of the better retrofit mods i've seen.

Just blowing the dust off this for noobs. Thanks gutter I appreciate the comment

Comment

props to my boy josh, btw everyone looking for a light grey maplight to be a perfect match to there interior....try a 97ish CRV, thats where i got mine, the only difference is the wires look like there bigger, they are not, they just have thicker insulation, as for installing them on a non-sunroofed cb7....im not sure, i might eb attempting this on a friends car sometime in the future, and i will post up a report soon after if it goes down, other then that, good luck!!! (btw, a friend of mine had me install his, but before i did, he blackhoused the inside, turned out very nicely...lol.)
                    -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                    newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                    newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                    newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

nice write up, i do agree that the accords int. lights suck this helps.

*i want your rims ok car to
                      My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Just a guess, but I bet this is how the wiring works:

-The screws that hold up the dome light provide a constant a ground.
                        -Wire one goes to ground when the doors are open and is floating when they are closed.
                        -Wire two is 12v.

If you connect your map lights to the two wires, they should go on and off when the doors open and close.

If you connect your map lights to the 12v wire and ground, they should work independent of the doors.

IF I AM WRONG - I will check my Helms manual.
                        Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude.

Comment

that shit is hot!!!!!!!!!!!! nice job on install

Comment

thanks for the map light idea, i just wanted to share my install using 04 civic maplights:

the hole and brakets i made and since i didnt get the harness with my lights the negative side of a pioneer speaker harness works well

lit up:

even if you have a lx or dx you can find the wiring for the dome light if you remove the plastic trim on the passenger A pillar. white/blue is 12v constant, black is ground, black/white is door trigger (provides ground when a door is open) and red/black is 12v when parking lights are turned on.
                            FA1

Comment

yo 2.2litrebeater have you gotten your headliner redone or is it stock? because ive never seen a cb7 with a soft headliner, they all have had vinyl...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

it has been redone
                                FA1