INT : Map light install EX and SE trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
    So following these ideas and logic ... would it be possible to put a lighted mirror on my driverside seeing as only the passenger side is lighted but the driver's isnt
    what i have seen a couple people do is to buy the JDM passenger side (our driver side) visor. since it is their passenger side, it has the lights and the mirror inside of it. i would like to do this, but, eh, its not a main priority right now.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

My maplights are the best, I've got the Legend w/tweeters.

love,
      pax
      Seattle, WA

Comment

bringing a thread back from the dead,

has anybody figured out how to wire the map lights up to turn on when the door opens? cause I found my map lights from an older VW Jetta, and its got a selection of either have one of the lights as off, on, and then there is a little car with the door open on it that I can put the switch too. anybody figure out how to make em work when the doors open? would I just wire the ground from my map lights in the same ground as the dome light?
        Originally posted by jboyce
        i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

I haven't messed with mine in a long time, but I was thinking you could trace the wire that leads to the light in the doors.Splice into that and they would turn on when you opened your doors, although that would probably be the only time they would come on.

btw thanks for blowing the dust off this diy

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
            bringing a thread back from the dead,

has anybody figured out how to wire the map lights up to turn on when the door opens? cause I found my map lights from an older VW Jetta, and its got a selection of either have one of the lights as off, on, and then there is a little car with the door open on it that I can put the switch too. anybody figure out how to make em work when the doors open? would I just wire the ground from my map lights in the same ground as the dome light?
            correct. if you wire it up to the 2 dome light wires, the maplights will mimic the dome light. However, you wont be able to use them when the doors are closed... and you'd always leave the maplights in the "ON" position.

Comment

well my map lights have 2 seperate lights, one small one bigger. the bigger one on the drivers side has 3 different switch options, off, on, and turn on when the doors open.
              i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7accord
                well my map lights have 2 seperate lights, one small one bigger. the bigger one on the drivers side has 3 different switch options, off, on, and turn on when the doors open.
                do you have the harness? how many wires does it have

Comment

yep I grabbed the harness with it, its got 4 wires, I have everything wired up and they work except I have the map light ground going to the roof instead of wiring it up to the dome light ground. now if I re-wire the ground to the actual dome light ground it should work right? when I ahve that one light on to the "door" position ill get a pic and post it in a min to show what im talkin about lol

Last edited by 92cb7accord; 08-28-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

bump for pics finally

Comment

i think i will do this ! awesomeness

my members ride page

Comment

just out of curiosity will the lights in the back of a 89 legend be like this also?

my members ride page

Comment

Not sure...pics of the lights from the 89 legend....?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                          Originally posted by Jarrett
                          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I got to do this DIY!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Wow, that's great, it looks like it suppose to be there. It goes perfect with ur sunroof.

Btw I love that tan interior, I need to jump on the ball here.
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

will be doing this TODAY!!

update : did it in 30 min now just have to wire it up

Last edited by Hondateck2010; 08-04-2008, 02:07 PM.

Links to my rides :
                                1992 Accord EX*
                                1990 Accord EX
                                1991 Accord SE (4th)
                                1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                                1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                                1991 Accord SE

Comment

Working...
                                X