INT : Map light install EX and SE trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vash744
    I did this mod yesturday. I love my new maplights!! I did just like Losiracer2. I have tan interior and got a grey one. :P. Oh well, I love having a maplight.
    I did this too. Enjoyed them so much, I got a 91 SE with a gray headliner to match the maplights. Found a set of tan ones a few weeks ago for the ole '92

ATTENTION!!

Anyone wondering about the WIRING involved in making the lights turn on with a door open, go through this thread and find my posts. I posted EVERYTHING needed to make this work. And yes, both lights still operate individually when the doors are closed.

Adding an extra power simply wont work, a lot of the operation in both these and the dome light involve ground control instead of power.
    Last edited by RacH22; 11-12-2009, 01:55 AM.

Comment

really sneaky! Looks like its been made to be there! Added to my futur plans Done it
      Last edited by kosheen1; 06-05-2011, 02:38 AM. Reason: Done this DIY!

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
      1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Originally posted by bodiby View Post
        Just a guess, but I bet this is how the wiring works:

-The screws that hold up the dome light provide a constant a ground.
        -Wire one goes to ground when the doors are open and is floating when they are closed.
        -Wire two is 12v.

If you connect your map lights to the two wires, they should go on and off when the doors open and close.

If you connect your map lights to the 12v wire and ground, they should work independent of the doors.

IF I AM WRONG - I will check my Helms manual.
        didnt read all the thread just to page 4, but this sounds right. has anyone tried it?

turbo dave, i have that exact one. how did you wire yours up?

oh and i prob revived this thread a lil lol.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
        Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

nvm i figured it out, ill post pictures on how to wire it, i didnt do so well at cutting the hole as i made it to big.
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

ok you see the blck/white wire and white/blue wire. i spliced in a black wire to the blsck/white and a white wire into the white/blue. the other black wire you see is the ground wire which i just wrapped around the stud from the existing dome light.

the ground wire goes to the black/silver wire

the black wire or the black/white wire (which it is spliced into goes to the, you guessed it, white/black wire. both of thos wires are the floating ground.

the white wire or the white/blue wire, which it is spliced into goes to the, you guessed it, white/blue wire.

now you should be able to do all the light options with the door either closed or open.

just a side note, in my last picture you see a blue/white wire. it is not needed. i believe it to be a constant 12v i would touch it to the white/black/blue wire and it would leave the lights on even if the switch was off and door was closed. so i would just cap it and leave it alone.

the wiring is for the maplight Turbo Dave has. im sure it could be applied to any simmilar ones as well.
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride

Comment

I fucccked up with cutting my map light I cut to close to the front and I had gotten to the metal clip, so I had to cut back some more and it had a little gap I have an acura legend one, maybe if I get a TL one then it'll be covered up

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

WOW. This is smart! I'm doing that this weekend. Thanks for the idea man. =)
                "I'm NOT drunk, I'm avoiding Potholes".

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174029
                Check out the whip^

Comment

very nice! I am gonna look into doing this myself soon

Bought from Darkcloud

http://wheelflip.com/r/DrAkE

Comment

I just picked one up yesterday. Looks like a little weekend project.

Comment

Working...
                    X