Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT:DIY custom int door handles (plastic polishing 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT:DIY custom int door handles (plastic polishing 2)

materials:
    -sandpaper -600g-1000g-2000g)
    -mag and aluminum polish
    -plastic polish
    -cotton polishing cloth
    custom clear switches
    plastic polishing
    here is an option to spice up your interior door handles. i had a broken handle that i used for this.

this only took me 30 mins to do one handle.

just sand the texture off the plastic. i just did it on the perimeter of the handle and left the recessed areas textured. i started with 600g, 1000g, 2000g, mag and aluminum polish, and plastic polish. i also sanded the chrome lever to give it the brushed look.

here is what it starts out like: before\/\/\/

then after:

see how it powders when sanded, that's how you know it's the right type pf plastic.

after\/

later.
    Last edited by TypeG; 08-28-2008, 08:00 PM.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Hmm...that's really interesting. A metallic look for our interiors...I think that may look tasteful if used only on certain pieces.

Have you thought of starting a small side business?

Comment

The brushed handle looks like it could be nice....however I feel polished platic all over the place looks kinda cheap maybe? Anyways dude I am really enjoying your polishing DIY posts because you are really smart and home some sweet ideas on polishing. Andway keep it coming man throw out some more cool ideas!

- Zipcreature
      Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Yeah I agree I may try it with another peice of the interior. the clock =)

hmm

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
          The brushed handle looks like it could be nice....however I feel polished platic all over the place looks kinda cheap maybe? Anyways dude I am really enjoying your polishing DIY posts because you are really smart and home some sweet ideas on polishing. Andway keep it coming man throw out some more cool ideas!

- Zipcreature
          thanks. don't worry, i will keep it comming. the next thing will be very unusual. i expect only the strangest to try it or like it. later.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
            thanks. don't worry, i will keep it comming. the next thing will be very unusual. i expect only the strangest to try it or like it. later.
            OOOH how about a hint?

Comment

Cool idea man, soooo whats coming next?...give us a hint

Comment

wow another excellent piece of work from you.

Im continuing to use your ideas as all your mods make the car look mint.
                my kitted cb7

Soarer Source | The Home Of The Toyota Soarer and Lexus Sc300 sc400

Comment

Originally posted by Connal
                  OOOH how about a hint?

Originally posted by flyinlow
                  Cool idea man, soooo whats coming next?...give us a hint
                  it has to do with the buttons/switches and it will be weird. later.

Comment

you must have a sponsorship with like mothers wax or something...

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord
                      you must have a sponsorship with like mothers wax or something...
                      they denied me, but my friend with a stock car that he never washes it is. go figure. later.
                      Last edited by TypeG; 11-19-2005, 03:21 AM.

Comment

goddamn bling BLING!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

awsome......another great idea from the POLiSH MASTER =]

Keep it up^

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

dude you have wayyy too much time on your hands...lol....
                            DELTA CAM GROUP BUY
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSbCQuhAnNcla gringa pt.1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMz-F2saG_ola gringa pt.2

Comment

You are a damn genius. I'd love to see your car in person. Can't wait til your next little mod

Comment

Working...
                              X