INT: DIY red clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: DIY red clock

ok i ran across this artical for changing your clock display color to red, as apposted to buy one off ebay (i heard there about $50)

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=721388&page=1

when i did my clock i put one tab over the screen that covers the display, i installed it then looked at it and noticed it was a kinda greenish or something, i was kinda mad but anyways i went back took everything apart and made my and luckly had another red tab so i put another one on also. Cheap easy diy figured why not post it up here is my end pic i know its not red and i used 2 tabs but w/e i though white looks pretty sweet anyways

looks pretty sweet to me next i think i'm gonna try and change the light for my temp control and guage cluster and RETRY a white face install(no needles getting pulled of this time )
    *yes i changed the pic size so its not so huge(as in last diy)
    My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

the colors in the temp is a pain in the ass try using some candy clear like we do for tails on the clock though might make it brighter
    and pul out the blue green cover

the build and demise
    buy stuff i want a new car

Comment

Im gonna do this.... for now though i took my clock out and made it semi white....
      First, I used a flat head screw driver to get the retaining clips holding the clock together off and took out the "guts" of the clock with a phillips screw driver.
      Then i popped off the retaining plate for the green piece of plastic with a flat head.... You will notice that there are four plastic studs... dont cut these! once that was off i took out that greenish blue piece of plastic off and replaced the metal retaining piece... With a Friend, Heat gun and a screw driver, i positioned the screw driver next to the pegs and my friend heated them up just enough so that i could push the plastic down in a little blob to hold the plate...
      Finally i found a clear piece of plastic and taped it the metal with that Green 3m automotive tape...
      Then we re assembled the clock and put it back in the dash...
      It turned out ok, it still has a greenish tint to it but it is hella brite now! ill try to post pics later
      Oooo yeah im not trying to thread jack, just giving info on wat i done

Comment

Just wondering how you were going to do the gauges and climate control. PM either me or cp[mike] if you have questions as both of ours turned out pretty good.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

one question how do u get the clock out?

Comment

I tried the red clock thing in my b16 EJ1 using this method and not only did it make it harder to see during the day, but it turned the display more of a pink than red....just my .02....
            i roll my wagon slo, f22b style...

Comment

Originally posted by elositocandela
              one question how do u get the clock out?
              Take a flat head screwdriver and place it between the left side of the clock and the dash and pry outwards... be careful not to chip/break the plastic.

Comment

Working...
              X