INT: Push Button Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Push Button Starter

I had this on my computer and cant recall where I obtained it from but here it is

I am no way responsible for any damages or injuries caused by doing these modifications.

WORK AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

How To Install A Push Button Starter
    Materials:
    Electrical connectors
    S2000 Engine Start Button
    Needle Nose Pliers
    20 gauge wire
    wire strippers
    Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT) 30A Relay
    Internal power connector (3.5 disk drive)
    First and most importantly, select the location where you will install the button. This location should be somewhat flat and larger then the diameter of the button itself. Now, Prepare the location by removing the panel that will be used for the install. Drill a hole in the selected location and dremel out the area until the button fits snuggly and plush.
    Start splicing into wires to power starter button. Splice into the power source for the button; the power outlet is an excellent source. Next, connect to the hot wire and the ground from the power outlet. Start splicing into wires found in the steering column. To do this, remove the shroud around the steering column. Tap into the 12v constant or power wire (white, for most Hondas). Tap into the ignition wire (black with yellow, fmh). * Tap into the starter wire (black with white, fmh).
    *May not be necessary with your car. Needed for 2001 or newer Hondas with immobilizer.
    Connect to a ground by finding a bolt that touches metal on the frame and connect to it. Connect the internal power connector to the S2000 starter button. Be sure that the first 4 pins are connected, the fifth will not be. The hot wire from the power outlet connects to position 2 on the button. The ground wire from the power outlet connects to position 2 on the button. Finally, the wire from position 1 will connect to the relay.
    Now connect to the relay. The wires connect to the following positions on the relay.
    30- starter wire
    85- ground
    86- engine start button
    87a*- ignition
    87- 12v constant (power wire)
    After all connections, turn the key to the second position. The car should start with the press of the button. If not, check all connections and troubleshoot.

I take no credit for this DYI I had this on my PC and figure it can help some because this is something I will never do to my car
    WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!
Working...
X