INT: Removing Front and Rear Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Removing Front and Rear Speakers

Pictures and steps taken from Haynes manual, was a big help to me, hope you guys can see the pics well as they are not very good quality. Rear speakers are farther down.
    Wagons are a little different in the rear, I've typed out the process at the end, but sorry I do not have pictures for it.

Front Speakers:

1. Remove the single screw at the rear lower edge of the speaker grill.

2. Then carefully pry the grill off the door trim panel.

3. If you want to remove the entire speaker assembly, remove the four outer mounting screws(arrows); to remove the speaker itself only, simply remove the three inner retaining screws(arrows).
    Then pull out the speaker and unplug the electrical connector.

Installation is the reverse of the normal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rear Speakers for Coupe/Sedan:

1. Working from inside the trunk, unplug the wires(arrows) from the speaker and remove the three nuts(arrows).

2. Remove the speaker grill retaining screws(arrows) from the back side of the speaker assembly, lift off the grill.

3. Remove the three speaker retaining screws(arrows).
    Installation is the reverse of removal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wagon Rear Speakers:
    Note: There are actually three rear speakers in the Wagon - two in the overhead and a woofer in the left rear corner. The following procedure applies to either overhead speaker as well as the woofer.
    1. Open the tailgate and pry off the speaker grill.
    2. Remove the four speaker retaining screws, pull out the speaker and unplug the electrical connector.
    3. Installation is the reverse of the normal.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps for all you audio guys!

in some models taking off the front like that isnt going to work, u have to take out the whole door....i think its easier to take off the whole door anyways.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

one question.. for models with the power window/lock console on the door panel where the handle is, how do you remove that console? i tried taking it out myself and i managed to crack the vinyl surrounding it a bit
      doesn't say anything in the haynes either.. anyone have any idea?
      1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
      [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

sm1ke , its screwed in from behind the door panel if i remember correclty. also ive been a car audio installer for years havent come accross an accord where you can take off just the grill, they are also screwed in from behind meaning you have to take off the door panel as accordztech stated maybe its a DX thing? i have color pics of when i did mine if anyone wants better pics than that
        FA1

Comment

..bottom line...lol no screw or bolt, take off the door lol!

...roll the window down.

...basically there is a screw in the handle, be carefull to save that plastic piece if there is one still there....

after that slide the whole handle towards the front of the car...it should pop loose and u can see whats behind it

disconnect the little lever and then the conector

now there is a screw in the center area where the arm rest is, its coverd as well so get that..

then there is one near the courtesy light under a cover as well

also the dummy clip on the top left of the door....

now it should just pop out....have fun.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

how do you disconnect the little lever on the door handle? its held there by a little plastic thingie, anyone have any suggestions on how to get it off?

1999 Accord EX-V6
            [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

u can use a dentist pick tool or a flat head. basically pull the handle out enough to access it. then there should be the silver rod with a little clip on it. basically pry the clip away from it...dont pry it off!!! haha you should see how it comes off and then that comes up and then u can take it out...

Retro!

Hater

Comment

oh geez. i broke the little clip. now this thing will be hell to get off. jhAGLFKGLjgfljsndbv

1999 Accord EX-V6

Comment

what clip???

if u broke the rod clip its ok...just shove the rest of it off...lol i broke both of mine lol!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                  X