No announcement yet.

INT: Stock Prelude Short Shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were like that on the Lude I pulled it from at the yard and on my car. That's how they lock the cables in. They're easy to remove.

I just installed my Prelude shifter with a DA shift boto and EG Civic knob

Comment

I got the prelude shifter and I liked it. Then I ordered the prelude short shifter adapter. Friggin loved it!!! Same setup as the one pictured above. Just one issue... Center console Clearance. Shit don't fit when I have the adapter on. I also see in the picture that you just cut that shit up. I'm willing to do some cutting but I would want to put a boot over it. Its just not nice to see all the shifters inerds exposed like that.

Anyone with that setup.... What did you do to get the center console to fit and still look good?

Comment

can someone replaced the missing pictures?
        RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
          can someone replaced the missing pictures?
          They are not necessary, this is a very old thread, and a little outdated. You can swap the Prelude shifter and plate right into your CB7, make sure you keep the cable fasteners from the Prelude.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            They are not necessary, this is a very old thread, and a little outdated. You can swap the Prelude shifter and plate right into your CB7, make sure you keep the cable fasteners from the Prelude.
            ive read if you switch plates you would have to widen the mounting holes in the car. i would rather switch rods.
            RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Originally posted by jewelproject View Post
              ive read if you switch plates you would have to widen the mounting holes in the car. i would rather switch rods.
              Not true, I have one in my car right now. It was a bit hard to get all four bolts in easily, but they are in, tight, and no modification at all.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I'm running into the Prelude base plate fitment issue on my wagon. Here are the front holes, with the rears threaded in:

I want to do this right, and the front holes can simply be elongated by half a bolt hole's distance to enable me to slide the bushing inward, so I'll be doing that.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  I'm running into the Prelude base plate fitment issue on my wagon. Here are the front holes, with the rears threaded in:

I want to do this right, and the front holes can simply be elongated by half a bolt hole's distance to enable me to slide the bushing inward, so I'll be doing that.
                  I ALWAYS ran into the same issue on my 93 EX sedan (CDN). #1 reason why I don't use it is that your force fitting everything. The base plate fitment is sketchy, the angle of the shifting cables is ahhhhhh, and short shifting on these trans, ahhh. There use to be threads talking about this issue, think folks were drilling.

Comment

The baseplates aren't the same. Slight differences. You can drill it out with out issue. I didn't have much problem installing a 95 prelude shifter into my 91 auto ex.
                    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Working...
                    X