Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
    Good work.

And thats just an MT knob? I know it can be done, but i was never sure what exactly needed to be done(if anything).

yup justa manual knob imn about to swap to a manual so i figured might as well do a diy to say i did it lol it actually looks nice

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

been had mine done for a while now. just havent posted pics

Knob: $9.98
      Shift Boot: $8.99

lmao. it fooled everyone down here. they all wanted me to do a 5spd swap because they didnt think an auto was fast. until i beat my friends V6 CD5. lmao. i actually fools one guy that it was. he got in the car and tried to go thru the gears. then he noticed that it was just moving up and down. lol
      Last edited by Shadow1; 04-27-2008, 10:43 AM.

Comment

i might be doing this soon...

Comment

I like it. I wonder if there is a way to make the boot a little smaller so its not so bulky. And has anyone found a good way to measure or does it just depend on the knob?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I'll agree that this wasn't done to make it a 5 spd, but instead something that takes up less room, and something that is less of an eye sore. no other reason than that!
            "Self Renewed"

Comment

OK if the nob goes in to park or reverse and Ur over 5 mph it will not go in to the gear. my friend hit my nob and it whent to reverse and nothing happend

The Race Car

Comment

Originally posted by beerman987 View Post
                OK if the nob goes in to park or reverse and Ur over 5 mph it will not go in to the gear. my friend hit my nob and it whent to reverse and nothing happend

if you are covering the brake no but do it on the highway at 70mph
                UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

shit ive done it going 1 and heard a fuckin huge clank i was on accident luckily im swapping it ovre to stick anyway but damn it sucke ass

..."CLASSIK"-CB790 ex... {UNDEFINED}My Classy but Sick (Classik) Black on Black Members Ride Thread

Comment

I'm doing this today as soon as I finish the heater core! Will post pics later tonight.
                    Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
                    Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

Finished my shifter great post love the added space how did I do ? I might cut another half inch off but im not sure if I want the manual boot , and in first I think it its low as I can get it with the stock shifter plate ?
                      Better to have and not need , than to need and not have!
                      Life is simple make choices and don't look back

MRT http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173251

Comment

^ That looks really good.

People questioning why do it? It's purely for looks.

Why do any cosmetic work to your car? Does it make it drive better? No.

Props to you guys doing something unique. I think our stock auto shifters are ugly and bulky, however I do use it to rest my hand on when driving, so I probably wouldn't cut mine down, but I would definetly do a nice knob and boot mod.

Comment

i love this idea . great work . +1

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                          X