Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT: installing a 4bidden shifter on a CB9 without cutting up the center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: installing a 4bidden shifter on a CB9 without cutting up the center console

Hope this helps out anyone who chooses to go this route for a great short shifter (more expensive than modifying the cable attachment point on the stock shifter, but worth it IMO).

http://accordinglydone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5693

BTW, I'm "SpecialED" on AD.com, so no - I didn't just rob the thread from someone else . . .
    Last edited by CB9; 01-20-2006, 11:33 AM.

where might I find a 4bidden shifter like that? I wanna do this, as my shifter feels sloppy ,and it looks liek a good, solid setup. I want a short shifter, and this sems to be a great way to get there. Also, what boot will I need? I have an aftermarket knob, and it has the round base, not the square "chrome" base that the stock one has. What boot will work? I currently have a jdm black leather with red stitching boot, but it is tearing up at the front due to the throw of 2nd and reverse. What boot will I need ot buy now? I perfer to have a good boot, taht is not tearing up all around it, like this one is..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
      [B]where might I find a 4bidden shifter like that? I wanna do this, as my shifter feels sloppy ,and it looks liek a good, solid setup. I want a short shifter, and this sems to be a great way to get there. Also, what boot will I need? I have an aftermarket knob, and it has the round base, not the square "chrome" base that the stock one has. What boot will work?
      Contact the manufacturer here -

jeremy@forbiddenmotorsports.com

- or go to his website at www.forbiddenmotorsports.com

Your boot/knob issue is not affected by replacing the shifter. For all intents and purposes, the top of the Forbidden shifter is exactly the same as the factory unit.

Comment

holy cow!! that's a lot for a shifter..I thought it came off of a prelude or sumthin, and I could get it off one when I go to the junkyard next weekend..dayum!!!!

-A. Swift
        CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
          holy cow!! that's a lot for a shifter..I thought it came off of a prelude or sumthin, and I could get it off one when I go to the junkyard next weekend..dayum!!!!
          Well, you probably spent a lot more on these zero-performance mods you listed in your sig -

blue neons, blue "h" glo shift knob, JDM boot off of an NSX, carbon fiber bezel, alfa otto reverse gauges

- so what's the big deal? Since when are good performance parts cheap anyway?

Comment

ok, now we are slammin my mods? the boot is off of ebay, and the other parts are from procarparts.com. Total, is like 50 bux. Not that much..

-A. Swift
            CB7 member number 137

Comment

You're the one who put your mods in your sig for everyone to see. Everyone is welcome to mod their cars how they like, just like I'm welcome to make polite comments about them if you feel compelled to showcase them on this forum.

All I'm saying is that $125 plus shipping is hardly a lot of money for a quality short shifter.

It's less than Neuspeed wants for theirs -

http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Accord/MODASSK

- and it's as good or a better product IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X