INT: white light up clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: white light up clock

(Updated so you don't have to click the next page to look for the picture.)

Go to a local junkyard and grab clock off a 94-01 integra and switch it with your stock clock. The wiring harness is the same and so is the shape, so it'll fit in perfectly. Also a note, some integra's clock have different number size. There's the big size one and the small one like the cb7. So check to see if it's the one you want before purchasing it. There's also the option of purchasing the type r clock which is amber if you like.

Thanks to TypeG for the pics.

some pics of taking out the clock:

why its important to pry from the left (wiring harness)

pic of dash with clock removed:

And Thanks to VRdrvr for this picture

Thanks to 91hybridaccord for this Type r amber clock picture

later.
    added by cpmike:
    ---to remove the clock, pry it out from the center of the left side with a flat screwdriver. once the left side is all the way out, pull the clock out and unplug it. DO NOT PRY THE CLOCK OUT FROM THE RIGHT SIDE.
    Last edited by Tenji; 07-29-2006, 11:28 PM.

does it fit the hole the same?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

yep. it fits perfectly the same. only different is it light up white. I thought the harness wouldn't fit, but it fit like stock.

Comment

BWAHAHAH!!! This is the easiest DYI ive ever seen.

Comment

thats the one thing thats been missing from my LED Dash DIY - you can make the whole dashboard any color you want with LEDs, except for the clock, because its permanently bluish green. only color you can make it is blue. but with a white integra clock, the options are open - you can make it red if you want thanks for the info, thats very useful, at least to myself.

Originally posted by cb7deathride
          BWAHAHAH!!! This is the easiest DYI ive ever seen.
          lol i know right? still good to know tho.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I always though about thoes block off plates the Type R's have. They always looked like they were the same size as our clocks.

Comment

Post a pic of it in your car so I can see what it looks like please.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I alway though about it since my two bro have integra and I be looking at the clock. It look exactly like the cb7 and I never try it UNTIL my friend got a integra for parts and I took it and aslo got the harness incase it won fit. But to my suprise it fit perfectly in and out. no gap or anything. It looks just like the cb7 clock. if people look at it they can't tell if you switch it or not. Only different is it light up white. so I don think there any need for pics.

Comment

I did it on mine looks hot.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Damn this is sweet. I am on my way to the junkyard or i think i'll just call honda
                    U silly rabbit don't u know tricks are made for kidz, You without me is like corn flakes without the milk! This my world, you just a squirrel trying to get a nut!!

Comment

Re: INT. white light up clock

Originally posted by Tenji
                      go get a 94-01 integra clock and switch wit your stock clock. the harness is the same.
                      so i could use the clock out of a type r with the amber light?

Comment

this thread SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...without pics!
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Sorry to be stupid, but what about 5th gens? Any clocks you know of fit them?

Comment

Re: Re: INT. white light up clock

Originally posted by k-mart
                            so i could use the clock out of a type r with the amber light?
                            this is exactly what i'm thinkin! i bet it fits too.
                            1cor10:31
                            - 92 LX coupe
                            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I think that the Type R clock should fit. Y would hey change the harness and shape of the clock. Find one and try it. also cut the harness with it incase it does have a different harness.

And for Yofmatt. I will do the research for you man. My friend got a 5geez so I can find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X