INT: Prelude Shifter, Plate, & Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Prelude Shifter, Plate, & Cable

The is everything you will need to convert you long throw, super high accord shifter to a smoother throw shorter shift lever prelude assembly.

*Get you hands on a 92-96 prelude shifter, plate console, and cables

1. Make sure your car is in neutral and remove the accord shif knob
    2. remove the concole around the shifter, their should be 4 philip style screws holding it in place
    3. disconnect the cables from the accord shifter
    4. remove the 2 retainer clips that are holding the cables to the console
    5. unscrew the 4 bolts that are keeping the shifter plate to the chasis( the plate should lift up with ease).
    6. Pop the hood and locate the 2 cable that are attached to the tranny
    7. remove the clips and take the cables off, the their will be 2 more retaining clips that will have to be removed so do so.
    8. JACK the car up and make sure its secured with jackstands.
    9. You will have to now drop you exhaust and remove the heat shielt.
    10. their will be 2 10mm bolts that are holding the shifter cables in place, remove the two bolts
    11. Slide the cables out carefully throw to the engine bay.
    12. Now you will just install the prelude shifter plate where the origional accord assembly was installed. You will run the prelude cables the same why you removed the accord cables and do everything stated in reverse.
    Good luck

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

yes the prelude shifter plate and the shifter is lower. The reason i said get the cables to is because the accord cables have a great chance of wearing and messing up. i know of several guy who's cables after time have started to come undone.

Comment

I picked up a short shifter off forbidden motorsports... (http://members.cox.net/4bidden/)

I'm very happy with it but if that plate could make it a little lower, I would not have to slightly tip the rear section of the console up (so the cables/shifter doesn't rub)

You think that would be a good answer to that?

Centre PA SCCA

Comment

yeah it would i've sold about 5 plates to guys on other web boards that have the 4biden shifter in the 4th gen's but have problems with the accord plates being to high, and have not had any complains since switching to the prelude plate.

prelude Plate $25
        prelude Plate/shifter $45
        prelude Cables $40
        let me know if your interested?

Comment

allright allright I know this is a very old thread...I have one question tho...You know stepp #4?? How the hell do you take off those 2 retainer clips??? I seriously have no idea how to take 'em off!!!! Can somebody please help?? I've been trying to take off a Prelude mounting plate from a junkyard for 2 days now, and still can't figure out how to take off those clips.....I'm going to try tomorrow morning again, but I hope I'll get some advise from here before I go tomorrow...please help!! Thanks..

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I took a hammer and a flathead screwdriver on them. I just angled the flat head so that it was on the clip and then banged it a few times with the hammer.
            "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking too...Ok I'll try that....Thanks!

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

i know of people that have mounted the shift place below the bushings to get the shifter lower... might work for the forb. ss

Comment

Yea I did and it does set the shifter lower but it does not neccessarily lessen the throw. I banged the area around where the shifter plate would sit so that it would sit lower and actually sits so low that that bottom touches the area underneath the that whole console. I may perform the $5 DIY short shifter on the forbidden one just so that the throw is shorter to match the shortness of the shifter. I even tried the prelude SS adapter on the 4bidden shifter at the height I currently have it and it sits the cable too high unableing me to put the plastic console down with room for the shifter to still shift. It looks like the DIY SS will work on the 4bidden one though. I will let you know whenever I get around to feeling like doing another DIY.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

ya and take some pics so we can all have a look.

Comment

is it necessary to use the prelude cables or will the accord ones suffice? trying to save some cash.
                      O'skool fo sho! You might hate, but I been doin' this long before you know.

Comment

if you dont wanna deal with removing those two clips to remove the cables from teh tranny, there are three bolts (12mm i believe) holding the whole cable stay to the top of the tranny. pull those out and the assembly pulls out together, and is interchangable with the accord one. youll see, its easier than pulling those clips.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

not sure where else to put this, but a friend installed the prelude shifter and cables into my car awhile back, when i left them with car to go out of town. now when i shift into second gear it is extremely hard. i have to pull it with strength to engage second. any ideas on the issue?

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                          disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Its not necessary to install the Prelude cables, maybe the slight length difference in the cables is causing the hard shift. I did notice a bit of "notchiness" after installing my prelude plate and shifter.
                            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                            X