door panel tweeters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door panel tweeters

i think its been threaded before but some asked for me to do it so i am...
    first u need:
    phillips screwdriver
    drill
    tweeters(of course)
    and alot of patience to make sure the whole is perfect!!
    it took me about 45 mins. to an hour but i didnt have the drill bits that drill big whole i had to use a little drill bit and make alot of holes. well here it goes.
    first i unsrewed all screws for the door panel and popped off the panel.. theres two in the lock and door handle area, one in the arm rest area, one by the door light on the lower corner, and one when the doors open but that one jus pops out..
    one its popped out dependin on the tweeters u have place where u might want it. mine had a ring around it that locks into the tweeter thats what i used to trace my hole. then i drilled be very careful not to go to big cuz that would be very bad.

after i drilled the hole i got a file and fileda lil to make it fit tighter
    test fit. and wire it up to ur door speakers. pop the panel back in, screw all screws in, and turn on the radio make sure everything is workin and sit back and admire....

Backyard Customs
    Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
    why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
    Building Fund: $0
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

thanks
    nice diy
    will be doing in the semmer

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

jesus dude, wtf did you drill it with? a rock?

a hole saw is only like $5.
      -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
      newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
      newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
      newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

DYI is worthless without pics!!
        i want to put tweeters in my doors but big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr
          DYI is worthless without pics!!
          i want to put tweeters in my doors but big ones.
          it has pics

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

looks good, but i would have rather put it in the black triangle piece where the side mirrors are so that black on maroon didn't stick out so much.

good job though

Comment

Nice diy, I might do this. Its the little mods that add up to a nice car.

Comment

nice, though they sell a holesaw that has a guide drill bit and is adjustable at the hardware stores. always cut smaller than you need.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
                  jesus dude, wtf did you drill it with? a rock?
                  hahaha. musta been

Comment

Sometimes I wish I had placed my tweeters up high there instead of down near the speaker.....but sound dynamics say that the tweeter should not be more than 8"-10" away from it's mid range sibling so I put them down low.

A hole saw is definitely what you need for this job, and to make the cut MUCH cleaner, run the holesaw in REVERSE until you eat through the vinyl fabric and then forward to cut through the panel. That keeps from ripping the vinyl and makes a perfect hole. Also with a hole saw it's nearly impossibly to re-drill bigger so just test it out on something disposable first and drill once.

Here's a pic of my setup....didn't plan it but the blue tweeters blend very well with gray interior!

Last edited by 19dabeast85; 02-08-2008, 03:18 AM.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

what do u wire them to just slipce into ur mid range or what??

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

Originally posted by whitejdmcb7
                        what do u wire them to just slipce into ur mid range or what??

Mine are components...hands down best way to go if you're running tweeters. Otherwise neither your mids or tweeters are reaching their full potential because they are both trying to push the same frequencies instead of separating the ranges like components' "can't remember the name of the box" does.
                        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

the "box" your refering to would be a crossover.

It sends all your high from a certain frequency up to the tweeter, and everything else to the mid bass driver.

also, investing in a cd player advanced enough to have a high pass filter and low pass filter is also nice.
                          -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
                          newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
                          newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
                          newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

Originally posted by heylookitsdylan
                            the "box" your refering to would be a crossover.

It sends all your high from a certain frequency up to the tweeter, and everything else to the mid bass driver.

also, investing in a cd player advanced enough to have a high pass filter and low pass filter is also nice.

Thanks, duh, for some reason I couldn't think of the name at 2:30am.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                            X